0.8V to 9V supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabauti

I'm looking for an easy discrete way to convert 0.8V to 9V, I was thinking of 555 as a voltage multiplier but this can be feed down to 1.5V. I need 9V @ 2mA max

thank in advance for your comments/ideas

Where is 0.8V coming from? I have heard of nothing that runs off of 0.8V...1.2V is the minimum.

From my current knowledge and your current information, I would say it's impossible.

Last edited:
Some DC-DC converter ICs can work from 0.8V, this is the only one that meets the specification I've found so far.

**broken link removed**

You could use a Joul thief style circuit with a zener or a transistor and feedback to limit the output voltage to 9V.

Ouch... my production group would not touch that pachage without death threats from engineering!

http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/tps61200 will get to 4.5V and a switch capacitor doubler will get to 9V with decent efficiency.

Dan

THe package has 7 pads within a spacing of 3mm. All pads are also completely beneath the IC.

There are no visible contacts. Add to that the power pad on the bottom of the chip makes it a very difficult chip to work with, bordering on the dificulty level of BGAs.

I presumed by your comments that you were opposed to the LM2623. But it's offered in an 8pin mini-SOIC, so that's obviously not what you were speaking of. Nevermind

Attachments

• mua08a.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 163
I presumed by your comments that you were opposed to the LM2623. But it's offered in an 8pin mini-SOIC, so that's obviously not what you were speaking of. Nevermind
Ah so it is, I missed that one, a bit tight for hobbyist hand soldering but no where near the nuisance of the other package.

That would make my only complaints about it that it is not a synchronous rectifier and that there is the chance that it will not start at the stated 0.8V in. It's max start up voltage is 1.1V with a negative temperature coefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…