Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

µC code repository??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickster

Most Helpful Member
The 'Locally Hosted Datasheet List' sub-section, within "Datasheet/Part Requests" seems to be quite useful.

Would there be any interest in an additional sub-section within "Micro Controllers", where members could post working code for a particular µC, along with a brief description/schematic?

Repeated requests for the same, or similar, basic code could then be referred to this section, instead of being re-hashed.

Your thoughts please.

I think that's a great idea, I would like to see more content like that organized and easily searchable for users.

Hi Guys,

I'm very interested in discussing this a bit further. I think the new CMS system maybe a good place for this type of data.

Does anyone have any content to start things off? If I can get some basic data (PM it to me :)) I can then play round with the layout for it.

Thanks guys,

EM

Does anyone have any content to start things off? If I can get some basic data (PM it to me ) I can then play round with the layout for it.

feel free to take anything from my site.
(link below)

how about my 'Binary to 7 Segment Decoder'

Contact Atomsoft, his GLCD work and code as well as the detailed conversations in the forums are priceless.

I only briefly touched on atomsofts threads on the issue as it's not a topic I'm particularly interested in, he added quiet a bit of his own code which is why I attributed him as the creator of the project, although now that you mention it I do seem to recall your name being dropped in the thread a few times, like I said though didn't pay too close attention to the details, just thought the poster would benefit from searching for and looking at the code that he ended up with.

Just a thought, excellent idea to have a code repository, what about a "language" section, so people can post ASM (even if it is inline) code, and also, maybe a area in the description to say what compiler it was originally written for, I have various code in CCS C, Mikro C Pro and C18, and as they use different libraries, the code isn't completely portable.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Wilksey

I'd have to agree, three catagories I could see being relevant would be ASM basic and C. PIC vs AVR or 8051 or whatever should be commited as there would all of a sudden have to be a trillion catagories, but at least by course language filtering would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back