Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BB code Table function disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bold text.
This is italic text.
This is underlined text.
This is struck-through text

This was done with:
Code:
This is bold text.
This is italic text.
This is underlined text.
This is struck-through text

This is red and blue text.
This is Courier New text.
This is small and big text

This was done with:

Code:
This is [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] and [COLOR=#0000cc]blue[/COLOR] text.
This is [FONT=Courier New]Courier New[/FONT] text.
This is [SIZE=1]small[/SIZE] and [SIZE=7]big[/SIZE] text

• Bullet 1
  • Bullet 2
  1. Entry 1
  2. Entry 2
This was done with:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]Bullet 1
[*]Bullet 2
[/LIST]
[LIST=1]
[*]Entry 1
[*]Entry 2
[/LIST]

Last edited:
What's the point? My problem is with tables. Tables used to work.

The CODE tags forgo formatting such as font. If you compose within the tags and try to make the spaces line up, they won't,

If you use the CODE tag and then change the font to courier new. You will compose in courier new, but that information is lost, because code automatically invokes PLAIN. CODE will not compact multiple spaces to one space. CODE will, however render properly.
Your edit window will not be correct though unless you change the font back to courier new between the tags.

The point? You would have to ask the forum software creators. Thought you could not get it to work. Sorry

I can't get tables to work. See: https://www.teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode-table-generator.aspx

You can make an ersatz table this way
Code:
       header 1    Header 2
Row 1     5          7
Row 2     9         10

Try to quote my post to see what the composition looks like. It's not how it's rendered. A real table can have attributes.

Now select between the CODE tags and change the font to courier new. Now the rendering and the presented data are the same but it gets clobbered the next time you edit.

I believe the table function is an add-on package to the forum which we do not subscribe to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back