1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

XR2206 Signal Generator

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by ronchiejames, May 8, 2005.

1. dougy83

dougy83 Well-Known Member

Where do you get max038 cheaply?

2. Vitesse

Vitesse New Member

Got one from Ebay for £10 DIL package, just searched it and a few came up, most expensive was around £70 for an SOIC which is extortionate.

3. Vitesse

Vitesse New Member

Your advice (as always) is spot-on, at higher frequencies its not great on breadboard but is working fine at 100khz with sine and traingle waveforms, squarewave is a little glitchy but I think that might be more down to the op-amp ive got in there not really being overly suitable until i can get hold of a precision high-speed one.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. Sangoma

Sangoma New Member

Cagayan de Oro RoP, or Coventry UK, or Howick RSA

Couple of things I have found with similar circuits and problems.

If you doubt your power source, try in on battery.

Sometimes it is worth putting a low value resistor in series with the supply at the device, and a large electrolytic behind it. Doesn't apply to high current circuits.

Also any wires to the pots that set the frequency can pick up hum, so they should be short and maybe screened. I found on one circuit I was using a varicap for tuning, putting my hand near the circuit and another hand near a desk light made speech on the receiver unintelligible.