Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wut the . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
zachtheterrible said:
Here's an excercise in idiocy. Some of you have probably seen this pic on this forum before.

:eek::eek::eek:
That's interesting, the bulb looks like some sort of gas discharge unit. I actually think this might be being done in a perfectly safe mannor, if fine wire mesh shields are place over sensitive parts of the body and the magnetron is only pulsed on for 100ms or so when the picture is taken he wouldn't have been hurt.

Assuming this is a serious question?, it's a magnetron - and you DON'T want one!.

As in the magnetron out of a Microwave? Oh, i know why i don't want one now! :) You play with one of those too long, you'll be pushing daisies in 23 different languages; DEATH! Lol. ;)

And there won't ever be any little Marks running around either.

And there won't ever be any little Marks running around either.

Lol. "Your goose is cooked and so are your gizzards." Quote from Red Green.

Urban Legend or not but when microwave ovens were first introduced they had these rather clumsy locking handles on them that were a hassle to operate. Supposedly, a bar-owner (tender?) decided he would just cut a hole in the front door and use that to get at the items more efficiently. The legend went something like he has to get his hand amputated.

You can often make things fool proof but never damn fool proof.

pwm or not i'd still be too scared to do that!

the first thing i'd wrap mesh around is my uhh . . . you know.:D

You can often make things fool proof but never damn fool proof.

Amen to that. What the heck was the guy thinking? What a doorknob! Huh, and to think, them type of people were our foreparents!

hm i have a magnetron - even two ... never tried to switch them on

Wait, do you mean foolproof or idiotproof? There is a big difference. One is reliability of the system with proper use, and one is reliability of the system with idiot use.

hm i have a magnetron - even two ... never tried to switch them on

Video tape it! No, the camera would fry. Do you have a death wish? :)

Wait, do you mean foolproof or idiotproof? There is a big difference. One is reliability of the system with proper use, and one is reliability of the system with idiot use.

I am going to invent a new word. Flidiotproof. There now it can be both. Patents pending..... ;)

AllVol's allegations:

Contrail visibility is directly related to surrounding air temperature. That's why contrails are more prevalent in the winter months.

Contrails are not solely a product of jet engines. Photos from WW II show contrails behind high-altitude recip-powered bombers.

Contrails cannot reduce global warming because there is no global warming.

I'm damn sure about that!

Marks256 said:
What the heck is that thing under the light bulb? What ever it is, i want one! ;)
If you have to ask then like Nigel said, you DON'T need one. And that in itself should strip you of your forum title Mr. Electronics Expert

I knew what a magnatron was, i just didn't know what it looked like. And yes, i still want one, just to look at, of course! :)

AllVol said:
AllVol's allegations:

Contrail visibility is directly related to surrounding air temperature. That's why contrails are more prevalent in the winter months.

Contrails are not solely a product of jet engines. Photos from WW II show contrails behind high-altitude recip-powered bombers.

Contrails cannot reduce global warming because there is no global warming.

I'm damn sure about that!

I'm not sure how some people completely dismiss global warming- the technical definition is that the earth warms up, regardless of human intervention or planetary cycles. You think melting glaciers and some of the wackier weather going on is a coincedence?

Marks256 said:
I knew what a magnatron was, i just didn't know what it looked like. And yes, i still want one, just to look at, of course! :)

1. Temporal inconsistency
1.1 Magnetron
2. I

I can send you one :D no... joke I wouldn't...

Marks256 said:
Both you and this playful chap should get together and play that popular Southeast Asian game called, "I want one of those... just to look at, of course".
**broken link removed**

Both you and this playful chap should get together and play that popular Southeast Asian game called, "I want one of those... just to look at, of course".

Is that picture you, HiTech? Naw, you don't have glasses, or do you?

... and I'm not North Korean either!

That guy doesn't happen to be the psycho dictator of North Korea, does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back