Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wut the . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, my mistake papabravo, thought you meant me, cuz im 18 and still considered a kid, although i'm legally an "adult".

its still strange why i very rarely see them. guess the atmosphere has to be just right

You reside in Californication .... there are no adults in that state ... even Gov. Arnold. He's just a big kid!

by the way, those chemtrails have been around as long as planes have been getting above something like 20K ft. they are termed "con-trails" (condensation trails) by the avaition industry. the reason you don't always see them is the temperature and humidity alot needs to be correct though in the seattle area, we can't tell cause it's always cloudy. piston aircraft leave them, too.

this reminds of the "non-ionizing radiation" thing from the 70s. A group was warning about the dangers of RF and no one would listen so they tried to change the name to non-ionizing radiation to get the hideous R word in there. when people firgured out what they were doing, they got laughed off of the "stage". the reality is there are some dangers but they took a kooky approach and failed totally.

this reminds of the "non-ionizing radiation" thing from the 70s. A group was warning about the dangers of RF and no one would listen so they tried to change the name to non-ionizing radiation to get the hideous R word in there. when people figured out what they were doing, they got laughed off of the "stage". the reality is there are some dangers but they took a kooky approach and failed totally.

This reminds me. Back in the good ol' 90's, i was told that the air coming out of a Microwave Oven was harmful. Some people used to say that radiation was coming out. I now know(and have for some time), that a Microwave oven uses radio waves to heat the food up(or small object i.e; a fork :) ). So, what is there to be scared of? I know that a large exposure my kill, but just little short amounts? (Hey! This would be something interesting to see on myth busters!) So, fact or fiction? [also, didn't mean to hijack the thread..]

Microwave radiation from consumer ovens behaves very much like that of HF RF. You get burned internally at first, then the following pain and discomfort notify you too late that you've been zapped. I received an RF burn many years ago from a 100 watt HF transmitter into my forearm and it sure didn't feel good. There was nothing to bandage, nothing to apply medicine to, just internal discomfort and time to heal it. A loose operating microwave oven would certainly do a ton a damage to your internals and externals. I know that if you removed the magnetron and it power supply, powered it up and all that, you'd still risk unhealthy exposure at even 50 feet.

And speaking of Myth Busters, I'll be meeting with those two clowns this Fall. They have a speaking engagement I'll be attending and maybe some hope to attend a dinner with them.

HiTech said:
Microwave radiation from consumer ovens behaves very much like that of HF RF. You get burned internally at first, then the following pain and discomfort notify you too late that you've been zapped. I received an RF burn many years ago from a 100 watt HF transmitter into my forearm and it sure didn't feel good. There was nothing to bandage, nothing to apply medicine to, just internal discomfort and time to heal it. A loose operating microwave oven would certainly do a ton a damage to your internals and externals.

Microwave radiation is obviously a GREAT deal higher in frequency than HF, and works 'better' at cooking your flesh! :D

However, you would have to work extremely hard for a microwave oven to burn you, there are three interlock switches on the door to prevent it operating with the door open, and even a one inch hole through the glass door and metal grill only leaks a very small amount, well under UK limits, and even under USA limts (the USA limit is 1/10th the UK limit 0.5mW as opposed to 5mW). As ovens are obviously made to one standard, this means that the UK limit is very rarely approached!.

An old friend of mine, unfortunately dead now, worked on radar during WWII, and one adjustment they had to make on a particular unit involved putting your arm inside to adjust something. As a result of this, he had two 'dead spots' on his forearm, where the RF had 'cooked' his flesh - all the engineers involved had the identical damaged arms!.

And speaking of Myth Busters, I'll be meeting with those two clowns this Fall. They have a speaking engagement I'll be attending and maybe some hope to attend a dinner with them.
That will be awesome! Tell us how it goes!

An old friend of mine, unfortunately dead now, worked on radar during WWII, and one adjustment they had to make on a particular unit involved putting your arm inside to adjust something. As a result of this, he had two 'dead spots' on his forearm, where the RF had 'cooked' his flesh - all the engineers involved had the identical damaged arms!.

I'm sorry. That would suck.

You bet i reside in californication! Southern california is all about putting on a show with your big truck and your rediculously oversized house, even though you're way in debt. Just to childishly lord it over us "simple folk".

Hitech im insanely jealous of your getting to have dinner with the mythbusters! i love that show

zachtheterrible said:
You bet i reside in californication! Southern california is all about putting on a show with your big truck and your rediculously oversized house, even though you're way in debt. Just to childishly lord it over us "simple folk".

Hitech im insanely jealous of your getting to have dinner with the mythbusters! i love that show
Sorry, just have to point out it is spelled ridiculously. It's the most commonly mispelled word I see.

dknguyen said:
Sorry, just have to point out it is spelled ridiculously. It's the most commonly mispelled word I see.
Interestingly, "ridiculous" is not in the list of **broken link removed**, but "misspelled" is. :D

Nigel Goodwin said:
Microwave radiation is obviously a GREAT deal higher in frequency than HF, and works 'better' at cooking your flesh! :D

However, you would have to work extremely hard for a microwave oven to burn you, there are three interlock switches on the door to prevent it operating with the door open, and even a one inch hole through the glass door and metal grill only leaks a very small amount, well under UK limits, and even under USA limts (the USA limit is 1/10th the UK limit 0.5mW as opposed to 5mW). As ovens are obviously made to one standard, this means that the UK limit is very rarely approached!.
I realize all that but it still cooks primarily by exciting the water molecules first, so you'd be getting cooked from the inside out.... basically. RF burns from hi-pwr transmitters do the same. Either experience would suck! I was speaking of an experimenter that has the magnetron and pwr. supply removed from the protective housing in the oven. Setting everything up on a tabletop would shower him with beaming microwaves unless he underwent serious protective measures.

As for the Myth Busters, dinner is possible but more likely to be not... and that depends when they arrive. However, I'm confident that I can meet with them for a few minutes backstage. I should photocopy a life-sized image of Adams face, cut out the eyeball, attach a rubberband to it and wear it as a mask while I meet him!! He'd prolly like that trick. Here's a photo of Adam and that hot little assistant Kari. I'd like to overclock her processor!
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Ron H said:
Interestingly, "ridiculous" is not in the list of **broken link removed**, but "misspelled" is. :D
Ha, ha, ha, LOL he got owned!:D

lol. Is it? I can always say it was a typo...hehe.

Last edited:
Here's an excercise in idiocy. Some of you have probably seen this pic on this forum before.

:eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• micro_nuke.jpeg
    micro_nuke.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 275
He should have the water running in that sink with a bare foot in it!!

What the heck is that thing under the light bulb? What ever it is, i want one! ;)

In the immortal words from Jean Shepard's "A Christmas Story",

"You'll shoot 'yer eye out"

ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back