Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

would this transmitt radio waves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack_whore

please imagine this setup for an NPN transistor:

collector----+V
Base ----pulse of xMHz
emitter-----ground and antenna

ie current flows from +V to ground and antenna at same frequency as the pulse applied to the base
now would this transmit radio waves?

PS.please dont call me a troll!!!!!!!! :twisted:

The only coil-less transmitter Ive seen work is at the following link **broken link removed**. I think its achieving oscilation from the crystal.

Im pretty new in RF circuits but to my knowledge any pulsed signal will produce a radio wave. With out a coil and adjustable cap I think your circuits frequency and amplitude will vary widely though. It wouldnt be any good for wireless communications but would produce a detectable signal, range would depend on power ofcourse. Ive also seen alot of tracking bug schematics that just use a coil and a 555 or led flashing ic.

yo

well i tried my idea out and it didnt work.maybe because
a) i used square wave generator
B)it wasnt oscillating at a high enough frequency
c)im a big dumbass and should just use traditional methods of oscillating
D)oscillating
E)OSCILLATING
f)OSCILLATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads