Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless robot (with a camera)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloody-orc said:
ok well i chose SC-P tranciever module from linxtechnologies.com
is it any good? is it "smart" (inside coding) what and when do i send to it? can i communicate wit it via i2c? or serout?

A quick look at the datasheet doesn't mention anything about encoding, but it doesn't mention that it's required either?. It's possible that the module doesn't require NRZ (None Return to Zero) data signals?, and it does give suggestions about the construction of 'packets' to send through the system.

You simply use a serial connection, I2C isn't relevent to this type of system.

ok i red the data and seems wery good
i think i will get that for my birghday if i do the exams OK ;)

bloody-orc said:
Hi i'm making a robot that has 2 cameras on it and now i'm stuck on how to get image from the cameras to my pc what is max 100meters(9140? yards) away from that robot. the cameras i try to use are usb webcams (the cheapest i could find). I thought using WiFi cause i have one for my laptop but some of the guys sed, i could'nt use them cause they cant send USB data... I dont have no PC's on that robot and ar not planing them either. only some pic's to control my robot.

I would like to send image from my robot to läptop and some data from my laptop to the robot aswell(commands to the pic) so it has to be a tranciever styled thingy...

any ideas?
Waiting for answers
Rain
u may read electronics for u of may2006 it wil b help

You can design a RAM7 board and burn Linux kernel into it.

1) Linux Kernel support some webcam such as Webcam of Ov511 chip

2)You can also cross compile an Open Source Video Server for RAM, The Video server have ability to send your video which is captured by your webcam to Upper computer

3) you can cross compile an USB Wi-fi driver for ARM

Last edited:
For simpler, You can chose a Wireless USB hub for your goal. Ultra-Wideband (UWB)Wireless Hub is a new technology of USB interface thch.

you can get more info from:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/08/060829.pdf

Saitama, Japan, August, 29, 2006 -- Y-E DATA, Inc. (Headquarters: 182 Shinkoh, Irumashi,
Saitama, representative director president, Mr.Kaneyuki Hamada) announced the
development of ‘ UWB Wireless Hub, YD-300 ‘, in collaboration with Wisair. The ‘UWB
Wireless Hub, YD-300 ’ will be available for the market in October, 2006.
The YD-300 consists of a host-dongle and a wireless hub with 4 USB ports. It provides
the wireless transmission of data between a PC and existing wired USB devices such as
HDD, DVD, mouse, keyboard, printer, digital camera and so on. The YD-300, by
eliminating cables, frees up space around the PC with wireless technology and ensures a
comfortable environment for PC users. In addition, this solution enables a wireless portreplicater
with ease for notebook-type PC.

Key Features
Up to 480 Mbps air data rates
Up to 10 meters operating distance
Compatible with Windows XP
4 USB port hub
Host Dongle: 29.8(W), 96.2(D), 9.4(H) mm
Hub: 103(W), 79.5(D), 19(H) mm
NewsRelease
Y-E Data Inc.
182 Shinkou Iruma Saitama Japan
In the near future, Y-E DATA will provide solutions with the ‘Certified Wireless USB’
technology of USB Implementers Forum, Inc., as well as PCI Express interface solutions.
These will include, for instance, an ExpressCard/34 host card and PCI Express Mini Card,
to expand the possibilities of wireless technology.

sorry, I'm late to the party!

The goal - transmit video wireless from robot to remote laptop?

The solution - 802.11b camera:

https://www.trendnet.com/en/products/TV-IP100W.htm

that one is about "middle of the road" for features and pricing.

you'll need 802.11b/g on your laptop, and will probably need to setup the camera via wired connection first, but then it should stay configured, ready to go on adventures with the robot. it only needs 5vdc, which any good microcontroller powered robot should have in abundance right?

the thing to look for if you decide to purchase on of these - make sure it supports ADHOC networking, so you don't have to lug along a wireless access point if you go out in the field. I like this model because it has an external antenna, which you can replace with something more powerful.

EDIT:

oh, just re-read the original message, you want RX and TX ... well, sending video is a lot harder than sending telemetry. Does your laptop have bluetooth? You could use a bluetooth serial module to carry the telemetry, or any of the other small serial data radio modules. Even 9600 baud can carry a lot of data. If your hacking skills are good, you might be able to tap into the camera's software and processor some how. The wifi camera's processor probably has some sort of uart interface in it - exposing the correct pins should be a matter of some data sheet digging, exposing it in software will be the challenge. Others may have hacked a wifi camera already, laying the groundwork for you.

Last edited:
Threads from the crypt.

I often read the ancient threads and when the reality/complexity/cost of the project becomes clear... Poof end of thread.

If this thread is too old why did you respond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back