Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is Googling for a part number like a DIY root canal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilykat

I was trying to find an info on the chip AR05CA-LF which was on the interface board connected to a 7" LCD to see what kind of signal it took.

I tried Googling for it and about half of the site leads to Chinese selling parts but none of them would show actual photo or spec so I don't even know if they are selling the same thing that I was trying to look up or if they pulled random info off internet and is hoping to sucker buyers into buying something worthless.

Other time I got promised datasheet only to find out I need to pay for it (and no guarrantee of refund if it's wrong one) and other datasheets ended up completely different. One sheet had the name ar05ca.pdf but it covered SMD resistor, a big difference of oh about 100 pins fewer and about 1"x1" smaller that what I needed to find.

Does anyone know of an actual working datasheet for AR05CA which seems to be TV signal to LCD controller, and preferably off a web site that won't BS me around with fake datasheet and require payment.

PS is there a way to get Google to exclude any site that requires payment to view datasheet? Since the preview is only about 100x200 pixel it's too tiny to even tell if it's the right one or not. Probably not the right one and those seedy sites are probably just money grabbing scam.

Mstar are renowned for not releasing data sheets, or programming tools for that matter, for their products. This is partly because of where they are in the world and partly due to their products being designed and manufactured for use in third party consumer applications. It doesn't surprise me that you cannot find a datasheet on the device. If you really need the datasheet, find a distributer of the device and sweet talk them, you might be lucky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back