Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

webcam and PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bld

I bulit a small robot and I want to add an "eye" to it.I use a PIC 16F876 and I want to use a USB webcam as the "eye".The camera has a OV518+ chip.The big problem I consider that is the USB protocol,especially host programming.
Does enybody have worked to such a project?Or with USB protocol?I would appreciate any help from you.

bld said:
I bulit a small robot and I want to add an "eye" to it.I use a PIC 16F876 and I want to use a USB webcam as the "eye".The camera has a OV518+ chip.The big problem I consider that is the USB protocol,especially host programming.
Does enybody have worked to such a project?Or with USB protocol?I would appreciate any help from you.

Try looking inside the webcam, you may be able to access the camera before it's converted to USB. Obviously the problem with using a PIC is going to be the lack of memory.

MicroChip make a special PIC (the 16C745) for USB use, which rather suggests that it's not very practical in software only, and I've not seen any suggestion it can act as a host either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back