Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice chip APR9301 !!!!!!!!!!!plz it really helps me

Status
Not open for further replies.

muralistarshine

hi frends ,plz do help me i need to know details regarding APR9301 ,i have gone through it for last 2 days but cant make any fruitful result of it.so plz do help me

can we interface it to 8051??????????this is my basic question help me out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and how provide me useful data plz its really helps me a lot

You can't interface that with any processor. It is designed to be a stand alone device.

Mike.

Technically, it can be "interfaced"- but only in that your controller could pull the Record or Playback lines low. Everything else is encapsulated inside the device.

What do you want to do?

i want to make it announce the instruction to be followed .i.e to pay 5 rs according to signal given to it or else to pay 1 rs........................in my final year project........plz say how to do it ???????????

i want to make it announce the instruction to be followed .i.e to pay 5 rs according to signal given to it or else to pay 1 rs........................in my final year project........plz say how to do it ???????????
Easy way would be to use two of the devices, each recorded with one of the above instructions. Then turn on the appropriate playback line.

It may be a better choice to pull in one of the cheapo PIC 1-bit audio solutions.

Audio quality won't be great but you don't need it to be.

One thing a professor might note is that your project would have been so poorly integrated with the APR3901 that it couldn't be produced easily. See, you need to burn the digital audio on the chip when mfg'ed. But the APR3901 can't be digitally recorded. You'd need a rig that generated audio while triggering the RECORD function of the APR, which is potentially an error-prone process and there's not an easy automated way to verify data. No, it's gotta be burned with the PIC.

k audio need nt be.........but u havent said whether it can be interfaced with 8051 or not ..........thats APR 9301 sir what do u say????????any alternative????????what do u say

k audio need nt be.........but u havent said whether it can be interfaced with 8051 or not ..........thats APR 9301 sir what do u say????????any alternative????????what do u say
We did say. NO, it CANNOT be interfaced with the 8051 in any truly functional way.
Fine, write your own 1-bit sound decoder for the 8051 with PC encoding software, or try to adapt the PIC project I linked. I wouldn't try it myself, not with a project deadline looming and other questions being worked on.

But then again I don't have any experience with the 8051. The original Intel 8051 is supposed to be pretty obsolete now anyways, but there are 8051-compatible processors which are not. In any case MOST people here are PIC, and a good portion are Atmel. I don't know how many know the 8051, or if that processor is even capable of practical 1-bit audio decoding. I would not care to try, seeing as it can be done with low-grade PICs which are nearly free anyways. So if you want to try to make that chip do sound, you may be on your own.

Lose those questions marks and dots, friend. They're truly annoying.
Why are you using 8051s? Use PICs or dsPICs. They're cheaper and there are trillions of documented projects about it in this site.

Why are you using 8051s? Use PICs or dsPICs.

Perhaps he's only allowed to use the 8051.

Perhaps he's only allowed to use the 8051.
Sometimes that happens, but the professor who mandates the way your project must be solved is not really teaching the right way, and selecting an obsolete, seldom-used (well, in the developer's arena) processor for you is downright awful.

about the audio.........

hi there,

So If I was able to convert sound to a digital format, how is it retrieved? I mean can I simply use a DAC and I'll obtain the sound again?( connect a small speaker?)

Please help 'cause I'm sort of in the same trouble!

thx a lot gentlemen.

regards

hi there,

So If I was able to convert sound to a digital format, how is it retrieved? I mean can I simply use a DAC and I'll obtain the sound again?( connect a small speaker?)

Please help 'cause I'm sort of in the same trouble!

thx a lot gentlemen.

regards
Well, the 1-bit sound I linked to is functional, but quality is quite low. It will also require amplification. An audio-band "codec" chip (very common item nowadays) does both encoding and decoding of audio simultaneously. You can ignore the input or output if you only need to record or playback at any given time. Many have integrated audio amps to at least drive headphones. Some have much more powerful bridged push-pull drivers and can drive actual speakers.

The PIC's PWM can create audio too, but the resolution & bandwidth are limited.
Some of the dsPIC have a 16-bit Audio DAC that can produce quality sound, but that does not include amplification. The ADC on those can do some decent encoding, but not quite "full" quality; the bit width is less than 16 and a preamp would be needed to use a microphone.

Last edited:
Easy way would be to use two of the devices, each recorded with one of the above instructions. Then turn on the appropriate playback line.

hi there,
from the way this has been dealt the voice chip play back line can be operated using microcontroller 8051 isnt it??????????????????????

OK, gotta mention, the ????????????????????????? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stuff is obnoxious and is not helping you one bit.

ANYTHING which pulls the playback pin low causes playback. An 8051 can do that. So can a button, which is what it was designed to do. But aside from that, there's no control. It can't stop at what should be the end of one message and later jump to the beginning of another message. It doesn't know when the recording is done. There's no capacity to interface in a useful, functional way, with the 8051 or any other device. The designer made it for some single-purpose standalone product like a cheap voice-recording message reminder. It won't really do what you want.

You might be better to use something like the ISD4002 chip.

Mike.

Hi Mike,
I understand there are a few programmer boards out there.
Do you know of any for this chip, I have heard of one made in Poland
but have no way to get more info...
The 4002-120 will work for my project, just need to find a nice programming board...
Thanks
Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back