Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very correct distance sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

I know allready that there are working laser sensors out there, and that you can buy them in stores to measure length.
What I am looking for, is very accurate sensors on short distance. I am talking millimeters in the length of max 10 cm.

I shall make a end project in my education, and I am just looking into some few possibilities.

Does anyone know about such accurate sensors?

Look up Banner Engineering and Micro Epsilon. Both make precision distance sensors.

Ken

Don't get the idea that the "laser sensor" you can buy at Home Depot uses a laser to sense distance. It's still ultrasonic and the laser is just a pointer to give you a general idea of the surface that the ultrasonic beam will be bouncing from.

Dean

Per KMoffet's post I have used the Micro Epsilon LASER displacement sensors in the 10mm and 20mm range for high accuracy and very fast measurments. These sensors typically run about $3,500 (USD) and I doubt that is what you would like to pay. However, if you want accuracy and you want a true LASER measuring system that is about what you can look to pay.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back