Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using zif(Zero Insertion Force)

Status
Not open for further replies.

golys

i have a problem using this device.

how may i connect it to to my board
i m using dot matrix board.

thanks.

Do you have pictures ?

The Zif sockets are normally on a standard .1" pitch so will fit into most breadboards.

What kind of Zif socket are you using ? How many pins ?

some pic

im using this type of zif (40pin for atmel)
**broken link removed**

and i using this 40 pin dip
**broken link removed**

but i cant get it work
meaning the zif cant get into the 40pin dip

what should i use instead

thanks.

That looks like a 28 pin ZIF to me.

I don't understand the question.

You solder it to the PCB, how else would you do it?

This is what you have..
**broken link removed**

This is what you need...
**broken link removed**

1st pic
Screw Machine Pin have very small tolerance, can't fit in BIG FAT pins like the ZIF socket has.
2nd pic
Stamping Pin can expand more so FAT pin's can be forced in, not a good practice to remove it to often anyway, once you got it in keep it there unless you must remove it.

Csaba

My ZIF socket fits fine into the receptacles of a machine pin DIP socket. The trick was to remove the cross connecting links to give two, single row, machine pin carriers. I have been using it like that for a couple of years in my proto boards.

John

Oh I get it now. You want to mount the ZIF in the DIL socket.

I don't see why you want to do this. Why don't you just solder the ZIf straight to the PCB?

I don't know about the OP, but for me it was to get reliable connections with the breadboard. The ZIF socket pins were just too fine and short. John

jpanhalt said:
My ZIF socket fits fine into the receptacles of a machine pin DIP socket. The trick was to remove the cross connecting links to give two, single row, machine pin carriers. I have been using it like that for a couple of years in my proto boards.

John

hi John.
I use the same method, zif into a standard DIL socket.

Never have any problems

I use my ZIF into a machined pin socket without any problems. Means I get a couple more years use out of it before I damage the pins too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back