Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using cheap BLE modules?

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I bought a couple of cheap BLE modules off of Ebay. They kinda work but only with some commands.
Sending AT\r\n returns OK\r\n Note, sending just AT returns ERROR\r\n
Sending AT+IMME? (not typing \r\n anymore) initially returns OK+Get:0 Then after sending AT+IMME1 it then returns OK+Get:1 which, I believe is what I want.
The instructions here say I should next send AT+NOTI1 but that returns ERROR
Has anyone had any success with these modules or knows of some good links to how to use them?
These are the modules,
1700726300965.png

Mike.
Edit, if I send AT+NAMEMike it returns +NAME==Mike\r\nOK\r\n Yes, double equals isn't a typo.

Note I made a typo in the edit I actually sent AT+NAME=MIKE (hence the double equals) and I now have a device has shown up on my tablet called "=Mike"!!! - no quotation marks of course. Sending the correct command now.

Mike.

Thanks, I did a google search for HM10 Arduino and found this page. It talks about flashing new firmware to clones which I think I need to do. I'll try this in the morning. Not a good idea to attempt it now. Still no library available. Only library used seems to be Software Serial.

Mike.

Hmmm, only program available to flash these modules is Windows only and I no longer have that. Might have to look at the Arduino software to figure out what it's doing and write my own. An ESP could hold the whole binary file and do it that way or interface an SD card to something to make it available.

Weirdly, my BLE module was pairing with something earlier so I've been waiting for it to pair again (LED constant) so I could disconnect and get more info but it's not happened since. I'll check again in the morning, just in case it paired overnight.

Mike.

BLE modules do not "pair" to phone built-in bluetooth, in the same way as normal bluetooth devices. They need a different protocol.

I use an iphone app called "BLE Terminal".
That works fine to communicate with the BLE modules I've tried.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back