Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Power...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kutalinez

Hey guys, was wondering if I could get a little advice?

I've just been looking up a way of using a PIC for USB connectivity from the following page...(https://www.waitingforfriday.com/index.php/Building_a_PIC18F_USB_device).

The project uses the 5v from the USB to power the circuit, thing is I'll have a lot of other things going on and was wondering if I could simply build the circuit linked above without drawing power from the USB port and use another source to power the circiut. So basically, will the computer still be able to communicte with the pic without drawing power from, and sharing a common earth with the computer?
I'd really appriciate any ideas or advice.

Cheers

Martyn.

Hey guys, was wondering if I could get a little advice?

I've just been looking up a way of using a PIC for USB connectivity from the following page...(https://www.waitingforfriday.com/index.php/Building_a_PIC18F_USB_device).

The project uses the 5v from the USB to power the circuit, thing is I'll have a lot of other things going on and was wondering if I could simply build the circuit linked above without drawing power from the USB port and use another source to power the circiut. So basically, will the computer still be able to communicte with the pic without drawing power from, and sharing a common earth with the computer?
I'd really appriciate any ideas or advice.

Cheers

Martyn.

Obviously it MUST share a common earth, but the external unit can happily be powered by it's own 5V supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back