Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transciever Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleyk

Greetings to everyone here, pls i would like to have a transceiver Schematics of about 10km radius for my aircraft project pls urgently...

Sounds like quite a project.

Is this for a model airplane or something larger?

A 10km radius is adventurous...

it could be for a piloted aircraft, in which case it would have to meet strict government regulations to be used in an airplane. this would preclude DIY'ing the radio...

yeah it's a project cos i have made a DIY aircfrat, i need to fly it with goverment permission, but i need an aircraft tranciever before going for a test.. reply please

In the United States, we call DIY aircraft "homebuilt" aircraft. They are licensed "experimental" under our FAA regulations. There is a national organization called the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) that helps builders and champions their causes with the FAA. The EAA also has international membership. I suggest you contact the EAA for help.

There are numerous, relatively inexpensive handheld transceivers that are legal to use in airplanes. I suspect building one from scratch and getting it approved for use in an airplane, even if possible, would cost you much more than buying.

I should add that handheld units are not assigned to a particular aircraft. So, you may consider borrowing one to use for your test flights.

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back