Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

total newbie to pic and i need some help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilly_dally

I need to count the number of objects passing a sensor on a conveyor system and display them (the count that is).
I would also like to add a check to ensure that a object does in fact exist on the conveyor and its not a spike.
Using a 16f84 chip.
I've read a few articles but am just as confused as when i started.

Any help gratefully received

thanks
wiz

dilly_dally said:
I need to count the number of objects passing a sensor on a conveyor system and display them (the count that is).
I would also like to add a check to ensure that a object does in fact exist on the conveyor and its not a spike.
Using a 16f84 chip.

A good way to count would be to use an IR beam, suitably modulated you shouldn't get any errors or spikes, and you could always use two beams - where both beams need to break to show an object has passed.

The 16F84 is pretty well obselete, the 16F628 replaced it a good while ago, it's pin compatible, cheaper, and has a higher spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back