Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TIL81

Status
Not open for further replies.

praevaleo

I'm looking for the datasheet of a photodiode - TIL81, I cant really find it on the search engines. Can someone help? Thanks.

It's pretty old... Just scanned from my old TI catalog '83.

Attachments

• tiphotodet.gif
    tiphotodet.gif
    221.7 KB · Views: 2,971
I have a 1976 TI data book that lists the specs, I have no way to scan the pages for you. Here is the maximum ratings, It NPN planar silicon phototransistor.
Collector -Base Voltage 50V
Collector-Emitter Voltage 30V
Emitter-Base Voltage 7V
Emitter-Collector Voltage 7V
Continous Collector Current 50mA
Continous Devie Dissipation at 25 degrees 250mW

Hfe typical when VCE=5V IC=1mA
If you need any other specs let me know

Another one, but not much more info. But they do list it as being used as a photo-diode or a photo-transistor.

Ken

Attachments

• TIL81.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,931
Results 1 - 10 of about 20,300 for TIL81. (0.22 seconds) on a google search:confused:

I have a faded 6-page data sheet, but the questions need to be less vague than simply
Working of til-81
, especially a first and only post.

I'll try to answer the most common questions:

Peak sensitivity 940 nm, skirts to near zero around 500 and 1100 nm, 50% points around 740 and 990.
With 100 ohm load, switching time as photodiode typ 500 ns, as phototransistor typ 8 us.
Angular sensitivity about +/- 10 degrees.
At 10 mW/cm^2, as photodiode, light current is typ 170 µA
At 5 mW/cm^2, as phototransistor with VCE=5V, typ 22 mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back