Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thought this was **** chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is an IP data base? Cool. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Is that healthy? I am worried....

As far as I'm aware all bulletin boards store the IP addresses of users, PHPBB (the previous software) gives a list of every IP address a user has posted from, this software gives just one IP address. Presumably if you have a dynamic IP address (as most users do) it will give the last one used?, or perhaps blank it? (like the ones in question).

Incidently, your reverse DNS gives 'United States [City: Englewood, Colorado]'.

Just checked mine!, that's blank as well - but I logon from both work (fixed IP) and home (dynamic IP).

Incidently, your reverse DNS gives 'United States [City: Englewood, Colorado]'.

That is funny, i am in Ostrander, MN, USA. That must be where my ISP is based? We have satellite Internet, which is very crappy.

I have been wondering. Where is this server located? Does someone own it? Or is it just being rented? Who is the creator? Hmm?

Yeah, the inquiring mindless want to know!

Marks256 said:
That is funny, i am in Ostrander, MN, USA. That must be where my ISP is based? We have satellite Internet, which is very crappy.

I have been wondering. Where is this server located? Does someone own it? Or is it just being rented? Who is the creator? Hmm?

As far as I'm aware the owner is in New Zealand?, the domain name is registered through "COMPUTER SERVICES LANGENBACH GMBH DBA JOKER.COM", and the registered owner is "Phil G, Oxfordshire, England" - this is all freely available via "whois". A 'trace route' takes you to Abacus America Inc. in San Deigo - presumably it's them who do the hosting?.

I, I, feel nothing. What is this vast empty hole? Could it be? No! Is it the horror of knowing? The nothingness that lingers in my head? YES! It is! No! It is almost blinding...

Marks256 said:
I, I, feel nothing. What is this vast empty hole? Could it be? No! Is it the horror of knowing? The nothingness that lingers in my head? YES! It is! No! It is almost blinding...
Are you describing to us of the infinite impedance between your ears?:confused:

Are you describing to us of the infinite impedance between your ears?

No, i was describing an Apple Computer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back