Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thought this was **** chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey,

i thought this was the **** chat section????

"joshthesim" posted a message to nigel goodwin and had his thread deleted

- "****-Chat Relax for a bit and have a general conversation (off topic is allowed!) with other members. Please be polite and respect your fellow members."

it sais here u can relax etc.

dosent say u cant pull controversial strings with other members

just advises to be polite as more a guideline not a rule.

LMAO. It also says to be polite and respect your fellow members. Obviously, if you read the thread, then you know he wasn't. He was throwing a tantrum because Nigel banned him for 48 hours. It's not like he was just trying to defend his actions. That level of immaturity is not needed here.

it dosent say to be polite it says please be polite....

its not that im agreeing with he was saying anyway

i know he wasnt defending his actions, that post was also delected

rancid rock said:

He was PM'd about his behaviour and ignored it, he then attacked a moderator so he's now permanently banned! - as he's not contributed anything to the forums I also deleted all his posts.

rancid rock said:

Your statement is one of semantics. Whether we are requested to "please be polite" or "be polite", both are requests for a definitive behavior expected by Admin. and monitored by the Mods. That's pretty clear cut in my little pea brain! You don't see it that way as well?

What I think is interesting about all this, is that "rancid rock" speaks as if "joshthesim" is a completely separate person. However, in this thread, he claims that he and "joshthesim" are actually one and the same. As I said before, interesting.
JB

I have seen this happen many other times on other forums. A user will get two user names, so the person can really show how he/she feels, without worrying about getting kicked. Don't the admins have access to the IP database? You know, the database of user names, IP's, ETC? If so, it would be possible to tell if this is so.

Has the username: "Rancid Rock" had any conversations with "joshthesim"? That would be weird.

Yes, this is in fact very interesting. I say we put him on trial. Field Trip! Lol. :)

Last edited:
Don't mean to double-post, but check this out;

I clicked on his name, to view his public info, and guess what his email address is? joshthesim@hotmail.com . So, it is either the same person, or he has something going on in his head? Wait! The voices! They, they, they are telling me to eat my keyboard!?!?!?. Well, i have never doubted the voices in my head! QWEXCVertry#$%^&#^&YcvbE$ReraweR$QW$ER$Rwerqwewe45527563756754^&$%^&%^7][p][aaaa. Ouch.

SO he is posting on an alias to try and defend his banned alternate personality huh?

Marks256 said:
In theory, yes.

Why "in theory"? Isn't the evidence clear as mud?

rancid rock said:
ok heh i didnt read his pm's.....if it is even possible

He also lied openly on not able to read PM, directed to his alias.

[added later] Does the forum software has the capability to identify user with different account alias? Is this a serious problem at this moment?

Last edited:
Marks256 said:
Don't mean to double-post, but check this out;

I clicked on his name, to view his public info, and guess what his email address is? joshthesim@hotmail.com . So, it is either the same person, or he has something going on in his head? Wait! The voices! They, they, they are telling me to eat my keyboard!?!?!?. Well, i have never doubted the voices in my head! QWEXCVertry#$%^&#^&YcvbE$ReraweR$QW$ER$Rwerqwewe45527563756754^&$%^&%^7][p][aaaa. Ouch.
In the face of insurmountable computer problems I have often had the following erie thought....

"How come you can't ever find a 15-year old computer whizz when you need one?"

ROFL

Why "in theory"? Isn't the evidence clear as mud?

Yes, as clear as mud. Actually, we can't prove a thing, unless he confesses. Although i would bet my computer's life on it (my old IIe of course).

Does the forum software has the capability to identify user with different account alias? Is this a serious problem at this moment?

I'm not sure? It sure would be nice.

[Added]
"How come you can't ever find a 15-year old computer whizz when you need one?"

Because the geeks are a dieing breed. Geeks unite!

Last edited:
Marks256 said:
I have seen this happen many other times on other forums. A user will get two user names, so the person can really show how he/she feels, without worrying about getting kicked. Don't the admins have access to the IP database? You know, the database of user names, IP's, ETC? If so, it would be possible to tell if this is so.

There's no IP address listed for 'rancid rock', so I can't check.

However, the 'rancid rock' user has been a member since Nov 2005, and has not done anything to result in action against him.

No IP address? He may be using a proxy host. You should be able to ping both names though and trace route to get an idea of the general locations. There's always a "fingerprint" of sorts to latch on to as a start.

Yes, but not available to a moderator - incidently the banned member has no listed IP address either?.

BTW, as a matter of interest, your's reverses to 'United States [City: University Park, Pennsylvania]'

There ya go!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back