Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The first two Digits faded on this display

Hello,

This is my dirt bike speedometer (Suzuki DR 250R 98), I noticed the first two digits of the odometer faded, so my initial thought was a bad connection I thoroughly cleaned the zebra connections but the issue wasn't resolved so I tried to fix it by changing polarizer films, I didn't resolve it either

PS:
Before this issue arose, I noticed there were a lot of black ants inside the display, so I disassembled the display and cleaned it thoroughly(using compressed air and electric contact cleaner ), I am wondering if is there any possible circuitry damage because of ants

I am newbie to electronics so looking for some ideas and feedback from you guys

Thank you

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-26 at 01.10.01.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-26 at 01.10.01.jpeg
    568.1 KB · Views: 91
It probably needs a new display. The very thin electrodes in LCDs can degrade with time.

I think that the small insects that got in the display would be thunderflies.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrips)
I would not have expected them to damage the display as they would not have been in the part with the electrodes, as the liquid and the electrodes are sealed between two layers of glass.

I've heard of bugs bugging up open relays in middle east with detonated insect debris. Do ants have excrement?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back