Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange behaviour when quoting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restarting browser (IE8) does not resolve the problem, nor does restarting the PC (XP - SP3)

I had the same thing happen, what I did was scrolled (using scroll bar) to the bottom of the quoted text and wait a few seconds and it scrolled up on it's own.

Edit, using IE8.0.6 It does something very weird if you try to click and hold the scroll bar and drag it to the bottom.

Mike.

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen, what I did was scrolled (using scroll bar) to the bottom of the quoted text and wait a few seconds and it scrolled up on it's own.

Edit, using IE8.0.6 It does something very weird if you try to click and hold the scroll bar and drag it to the bottom.

Mike.

hi,
Since the site was upgraded a few weeks ago, I get screen bounce and roll when trying to scroll.

I now use the keyboard 'end' 'page up/dn' etc

Sometimes the 'reply box' is only about 6 lines high.

Using XP pro with Mozilla/Firefox

I Cannot seem to duplicate the problem. Can you take a screen shot of the problem and attach to this thread?

I don't think attaching a screenshot will help much...but here ya go (some notes added to it)

ETO Scroll.png

Here are the exact steps taken:
1. Open thread.
2. Click post #1 'Reply with quote'
Hmmm, quite strangely, the problem is also occurring as I type this message... making it rather difficult
3. Scroll the mousewheel down past the [ / QUOTE ] tag & left-click to start typing. Upon left-click or mouse movement, the reply box scrolls upwards.
4. Sometimes, before the pointer has got to where I want to click to type, the reply box has already scolled up..
5. Once the scrolling starts, mouse movement seems to accelerate it and the scroll slider cannot be clicked & dragged until it has reached the top. (on the original post only, this one can be clicked anywhere along it's height..so maybe it has something to do with the length of quoted text??)

EDIT :
Using the 'Go Advanced' function sometimes seems to cause the scroll bar to blink, when not fully at either extent, when crossing borders of a box, so it may not just be a quirk solely in quick-reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back