Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed Improvement (may have unknown affects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi guys,

I have just updated the software with a software patch which should yield a good speed improvement when loading pages.

Due to the fact that the code which was changed is used everywhere there maybe adverse affects which I cannot foretell. If you notice anything unusual please do let me know.

Thanks Again,
EM

Last edited:
No problems here (been browsing half an hour)

I found a fault with the blog, when one clicks on 'member blogs' it loads OK but try and click ANY members blog and theres no link there at all.

Regards Bryan

The member blogs all work for me with active links.

I visit from work using MSIE and from home using Firefox and as far as I can tell everything works in both of those browsers. Matter of fact I haven't noticed any change.

Ron

Possible bug introduced by the update

EM

Is anyone looking into why the statistical counters in the Views column are not incrementing any longer?

Val

Now it says 9 Posts and 35 Views. The Views counters increment to some amount and then they stay there no matter how many times someone looks at the post. The counters to my posts have been frozen for about 2 weeks. Most viewers are reluctant to comment so I rely on the counters to see if there is any interest. If there is no interest in my articles, then there is no sense in posting new and interesting projects.

Val, use the subscription feature to monitor threads like that, it will allow you to see any post you've ever made if someone responds to it.

Sceadwian,
I do get a notification to my e-mail if someone posts a reply. Not everyone posts a reply, though, even if they are interested in the information. The attachments also have a counter that tells me someone is interested enough to download the data. That is why I usually zip up the associated files and look for the number of times they were downloaded. This has worked well for me in the past. All I am saying is that counter increments suddenly stopped and this may be due to the recent upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back