Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinusoidal harmonic generator circuit needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunaishus

I need a circuit that takes in a sinusoidal voltage of given frequency and amplitude,and outputs sinusoidal voltages at 3,5,7 times the frequency of input.Phase and amplitude of output should be variable.

You could use a PLL and some oscillators to do this. You would phase lock to the input and then generate the three outputs. Or you could do it all digitally by sampling your reference signal and then synthesizing the other signals. This gives you the ability to easily change the phase and amplitude of the harmonics. What is it that you are trying to do?

arunaishus said:
I need a circuit that takes in a sinusoidal voltage of given frequency and amplitude,and outputs sinusoidal voltages at 3,5,7 times the frequency of input.Phase and amplitude of output should be variable.
Is it for a Sinusoidal power inverter or a Harmonic meter?
Please advise futher... I got some projects that may help you...

Thanks for replying

I just want a circuit that does that specifically.I am studying harmonic generation and analysis and want some help.I also want to know how I can separate a given waveform into its constituent harmonics without using a spectrum analyser.I guess I could use band pass filters.But I also want to incorporate a display for percetage of 3rd,5th and 7th harmonics in that wave.So kindly give me circuits for that.

For finding the harmonics, you can use a Fourier transform. Since you are looking for specific multiples of the fundamental, you can just compute the parts of the Fourier transform that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back