Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Physics Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McCurdy

In order to get some extra credit for my physics class my teacher wants me to create something that will provide a voltage to a loop of wire wraped a few times around. Then they want a second loop of wire with an ammeter to measure the current in the wire set up next to it. I was wondering if anyone would have any idea on how to best do this. I need to be able to switch the voltage back and forth to detect current in the second wire.

I set up a primitive model today and I was unable to detect any current.

Tom McCurdy said:
Then they want a second loop of wire with an ammeter to measure the current in the wire set up next to it.

Instead of using an ammeter, you need to use a DC galvanometer, the more sensitive one the better, when you first setup the experiment.

Places the second loop very close to the first loop and start increasing the value of voltage/current in the first loop. Each time there is an On/Off/reverse of current in the first loop, you will be able to detect a "kick" in the galvanometer pointer needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back