Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

silly billy easy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyjackson

hellooooo!

just a confirming quesiton.....

LED, using 25Ma

Is that 25 ma per hour?

or, 25ma per every finite divisionable fraction of time?

.........?

timothyjackson said:
hellooooo!

just a confirming quesiton.....

LED, using 25Ma

Is that 25 ma per hour?

or, 25ma per every finite divisionable fraction of time?

Current and time are in no way related, so your question doesn't mean anything?.

What do you actually want to know?.

timothyjackson said:
how long a battery will last for?

say, 800 ma battery, 6 leds on?

Assuming the battery is 800maH (milliamp hours), and you're drawing 25mA from it, then (in theory) it should last 800/25 hours = 32 hours. However, that's in theory, in practice it can vary quite a lot depending on the actual current drawn, and the maH rating of the battery is usually done at the optimal loading, to make the battery look good!.

So only use the maH figure as an indication, but test to see what actually happens!.

timothyjackson said:
thanks

what does your chinese character mean?

Jitsu, as in 'Ju Jitsu', which means 'way', 'technique', 'method' etc.

I added it after great demand for me having an avatar!, I choose this as I'm a 3rd Dan Ju Jitsu instructor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back