Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensors + programing - question

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrakisdunes

hi,

I'm a newbie in electronics, but i need to do one thing with sensors and i don't know anything about this subject. The sensors that i will use will be inclinometer sensors like this one: **broken link removed** to track the inclination of the field (like a mountain), and others sensors like the load cell sensor (for example this one: Digital USB Load Cell - iLoad Digital load cell from Loadstar Sensors. ).
The final concept is to design a program in .Net that use the values of this sensors and store in one DB (the load cell must be in Kg and the inclinometer must be in degrees).
My question is, how i will get from the sensor this values already in Kg or degrees, and which material i will need more than the sensor and the computer (some special box or something) ...

This will connect to one PDA by USB, so how i can connect the sensors to that USB and get the data ready to put into DB?

Thks

The obvious option is to use a microcontroller to interface with your sensors. If you must use USB then there are microcontrollers with usb peripherals built in. Once you have your data from the sensors you can transfer the data to the .net application running on your computer.

Although if you asking such a question i think your going to struggle with a project like this. Personally i would concentrate on getting your sensors working with a suitable microcontroller, then once you know you can take measurements look into the data transmission side of things.

Having said this if you dont know how to program a micro controller that is another project in itself and might be worth spending time on before you embark on the hardware side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back