Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selectronic Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin.sally

Greetings
Please bear with me as this is my first post and I am no expert!

I have a Selectronic SA31 Sine Wave inverter sitting here on the table beside me in about 30 bits and it smells rather nasty! It has had a DC voltage spike. I’m not to curtain how high the voltage went, but it blew 35V 4700uf caps. I have found 7 or 8 MTP75N05HD's (75A, 50V MOSFET's) that have burns on them, but suspect the rest need replaced too. (Total of 36)
I am located in New Zealand and I am having some trouble locating these.
Does any one know the best place to source some?

Also, I have found two equivalents;
STP80N05-09 (80A / 50V)
HUF75343P3 (75A / 55V)

Any help would be much appreciated. I also apologise in advance for my sloppy terminology.
Regards
Robin Baird

Hi Robin,
It sounds like your inverter might be best suited to a boat anchor, I have a 1700 watt modiefied sine wave inverter that got a spike and blew all the mosfets and after talking with the bloke that makes them
he said to was nearly the same cost to repair it as the price of a new one and even if he replaced the blown parts he couldn't give any warranty as once a spike has blown away the fets the inverter is best suited to the scrap heap.

Anyway I'll be contacting the vendor again in this next week and see if I can still get a replacement for $700 delivered ( thats for a 24 volt 1700 watt modiefied sinewave inverter). If you are interested I can post some details here after I talk with him

Cheers Bryan1 :D

Haha,
Yea, I suspect for most people this would be the case. But I have had a few years experience in fixing some nasty messes. I have been talking with Selectronic's in Australia and they have told me what components need replaced. But I’m having some trouble locating some of the bits at the right price. So where does every one round here get the gear?

We have been running our entire house from this inverter for the past 9 years and it has never missed a beet. It runs the 1500W microwave oven, 2100W dishwasher, 1200w vacuum cleaner, and all other appliances you find in a normal home. It has been extremely good to us and hopefully we will get it up and running again. :lol:

Also, do you know the difference between Modified Sine Wave and modified Square Wave?
How do you get a modified SINE wave when you never had a Sine Wave to begin with? Would this not be Modified Square? :wink:

Note:
Our inverter is PURE SINE WAVE. 2200W cont 7500 for 10s :D

Hi Robin,
After a quick google search in Oz I found on another forum where a bloke suggested (MTP75N05HD (stock No. 177-2576), they are around $10 from RS components). Maybe as your looking for 36 of them you might get them for a cheaper price. Hope this helps.

P.S. I'm running a selectronic SA32 inverter on my house as we are also running on solar after a $100,000+ quote for mains and it's running all our house gear without a glitch. Just make sure if you do fix the inverter to put a fuse in place to stop it happening again. If you need a schematic I can post you a copy of our system over.

Cheers Bryan1 :D

fixed!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
We have finally got our inverter up and running again! It has been sitting on the kitchen table, in a million bits for a month or so. The wife was getting sick of the site of the thing. :roll:

We had to replace 37 Mosfett's (one being a driver) and 6 Cap's.

We managed to locate all of the replacement parts in CHCH, New Zealand for just over $200.00 NZ.

I am very pleased with the result, considering it's the first big job i have done.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
Travis

I do not mean to butt in on this but you all got my attention once I figured out you were talking about running home appliances from off main grid supplies.
Just curious as to what your main source of power is (solar, ect) and how you store it, (battery types,ect). Also, does any of you run a well pump.

What I am looking to do is convert a small bore windmill well (2 inch) to a Solar electric setup. The well is remote from main power lines, so cost of getting mains to the site is prohibitive. Replacing the windmill is not an option as tower iwould have to be rebuilt from scratch and AeroMotor windmill gear heads are getting almost impossible to find anymore.

If you have any links to sites for small bore submersible pump systems (+- 100 ft pump depth) or your Solar/inverters, please post them so I can look them over.

Thanks
Dialtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back