Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS449 to RS530

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty

Hi, just a quick question. I Know that RS449 usually comes on a 37 way connector, but I have a RS449 DB25 (25 way) connector which is the interface for a mux (DCE). I also have a F/O modem (DCE also) which has a RS530 interface. Im using synchronous transmission and trying to fashion a cable that will allow me to make thse two interfaces talk to each other.

Now I know somebody is gonna say "RS449 and Rs530 are compatible, it should be a strait-through" But believe me its not, because my mux (GDC Minimux) uses propriotry signaling and my Fiber modem does not. There is a way and Ive got the data running from a BERT, through the mux to the modem (via part of the pinout which I have invented) and looped through the fiber back on itself. Now this works fine but I have no clocks ( I Know I need a DTE to provide it, and I have been using my BERT as DTE) But untill I know the clock pinouts im going nowhere.

It might be worth noting that this is a £250,000 project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back