Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RIP Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to keep it positive outlook one must look at the reality, and see things as they are. His faults made him as much who he was as his perception of being a raw visionary, more-so even in-so-much that if we didn't look at his faults it would be a disrespect to who he was.

He learned as much from being fired as Apple itself did in understanding what the firing did to it's progress as a company which is why why he was rehired. He has said as much in his own words, primarily broadcast as a commencement speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

Last edited:
That was a good speech.

That was a good speech.

Agreed. Lots to think about there. Steve Jobs celebrated falls in his life and turned them into career successes. An eternally positive person who understood how life should work. He could of been bitter after been ousted by a company he started. He was not. Angry..but not bitter.

Pixar...never knew that he did that after Apple fired him. I still say he is a legend. My opinion of course.

Can any members here possibly imagine if Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had been buddies of the same age, working on a project in a garage together many years ago.....

Something to think about.

Cheers,
TV Tech

Last edited:
I doubt their attitudes would be compatible at all, I'd be more impressed with the person that could get the two of them to work together at all! They have drastically different philosophies; in that light I think Apples management actually deserves a fair nod to it's own success as after Jobs was initially booted (I believe it was some ugly personnel management issues that was the root cause) Apple wasn't really progressing or doing anything daring for a number of years and Jobs birthed Pixar and was doing quiet well creativly and financially aside from that; Apple I bet made the call to Job's that went something like 'I know we've had our differences and you can't but agree that it was partially your fault but can we work something out to put you back to work doing what you do best to make us better' type of dialog.

By that point he'd obviously learned to adapt well enough to personnel management to have brought a company like Pixar from concept to reality, which is what he was lacking at Apple before.

Just my speculation haven't gone into this in depth but I skim articles well.

Are you kidding? Gates and Jobs have collorated on more than a few projects. Gates worked closely with Jobs as Microsoft created some of the code for Apple's version of windows, and Gates invested in Apple when it was on the skids. Jobs and Gates have both publically stated thier admiration for each other's works. Though they spent most of their time as rivals, they could work together when it was mutually beneficial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back