Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF on a buttset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

once in a while when i hook my phone butt-set up to things i get what sounds like am radio.
all in all i figured, ya so wat, a twisted pair of wires could easily be antenna, and due to some magic i could see the but-set being/having a receiver somehow,

however today i found some wires that ran to a old phone jack, i plugged in butt-set at the dmark and as usual got my am radio, however along with the radio came some sound that were like a static pulse building and discharging, like a crackling,, which i see sometimes as well, today though i cut out the old wall plate, but along with loosing the static charges i lost am radio too.

not complaining, but what is happening here and why did it happen? again i can see how phone wire can be antenna, but how does the plate tie in, could it be a partial short in the plate to cause a RLC effect??

should i consider am radio on my butt set to indicate short circuit problems?

or maybe check the plate closer to see if CIA was there!!

Corroded, loose contact between dissimilar oxidized metals can create a rectifying junction; witness the blue-razor crystal radios built in prison.

You must be close to an (likely AM band) broadcast station.

hey ya of course that makes total sense, also that would mean the pulsing was fast decay aswell.

however i dont think i detected continuity, could have been polarity issw thou, would resistance be low enough on my ohmmeter to detect that or similar?

wait! should i use the method of radio on butt set to detect these shorts, is it designed that way??

what about if i put a toner on it, thats ac right(i will check), maybe i could do a circuit, to filter the tone, and then listen for anomalies?

....or just trust the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back