Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing china Tab LCD resoultion issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

Hi..
I have 2 china made Tab both has 7 inch display, difference was screen resolution and a bit more powerful cpu. Both uses Rockchip. Recently one of the Tab got broken. The broken one had better resolution and more power cpu so i decided to swap its motherboard with the low end one. Swap was successful tab is working but since the broken tab had 1024x600 resolution and the slow tab had 800X 480 dpi unknown the display is going out of the screen and the touch is also far away from original point. I downloaded a resolution changer app and when I change resolution to 800X480 160 dpi things are still out of screen.

What should be the correct resolution and dpi.

Regards

size is always diagonal so taking sqrt of x^2+y^2 , I get 169 dpi and 133 dpi roughly but aspect ratios are not the same.
so conversion will be unequal

THe correct resolution is the native resolution 1024*600 but it thinks it has 800x480 so you lowered the resolution to compensate. Default size must be stored somewhere?

Last edited:
size is always diagonal so taking sqrt of x^2+y^2 , I get 169 dpi and 133 dpi roughly but aspect ratios are not the same.
so conversion will be unequal

THe correct resolution is the native resolution 1024*600 but it thinks it has 800x480 so you lowered the resolution to compensate. Default size must be stored somewhere?
I found this but cannot find the file which has these settings??

C:\Program Files\Android Commander\bin>adb shell dumpsys display
DISPLAY MANAGER (dumpsys display)
mHeadless=false
mOnlyCode=false
mSafeMode=false
mPendingTraversal=false
mAllDisplayBlankStateFromPowerManager=1
mNextNonDefaultDisplayId=1
mDefaultViewport=DisplayViewport{valid=true, displayId=0, orientation=0, logic
alFrame=Rect(0, 0 - 600, 1024), physicalFrame=Rect(0, 0 - 600, 1024), deviceWidt
h=600, deviceHeight=1024}
mExternalTouchViewport=DisplayViewport{valid=false, displayId=0, orientation=0
, logicalFrame=Rect(0, 0 - 0, 0), physicalFrame=Rect(0, 0 - 0, 0), deviceWidth=0
, deviceHeight=0}
mSingleDisplayDemoMode=false

Display Adapters: size=3
LocalDisplayAdapter
OverlayDisplayAdapter
mCurrentOverlaySetting=
mOverlays: size=0
WifiDisplayAdapter
mCurrentStatus=WifiDisplayStatus{featureState=3, scanState=0, activeDisplayS
tate=0, activeDisplay=null, availableDisplays=[], rememberedDisplays=[]}
mFeatureState=3
mScanState=0
mActiveDisplayState=0
mActiveDisplay=null
mAvailableDisplays=[]
mRememberedDisplays=[]
mPendingStatusChangeBroadcast=false
mPendingNotificationUpdate=false
mSupportsProtectedBuffers=false
mDisplayController:
mWifiDisplayOnSetting=true
mWifiP2pEnabled=true
mWfdEnabled=true
mWfdEnabling=false
mNetworkInfo=NetworkInfo: type: WIFI_P2P[], state: UNKNOWN/IDLE, reason: (
unspecified), extra: (none), roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: true
mDiscoverPeersInProgress=false
mDiscoverPeersRetriesLeft=0
mDesiredDevice=null
mConnectingDisplay=null
mDisconnectingDisplay=null
mCancelingDisplay=null
mConnectedDevice=null
mConnectionRetriesLeft=0
mRemoteDisplay=null
mRemoteDisplayInterface=null
mRemoteDisplayConnected=false
mRemoteSubmixOn=false
mAdvertisedDisplay=null
mAdvertisedDisplaySurface=null
mAdvertisedDisplayWidth=0
mAdvertisedDisplayHeight=0
mAdvertisedDisplayFlags=0
mAvailableWifiDisplayPeers: size=0

Display Devices: size=1
DisplayDeviceInfo{"Built-in Screen": 600 x 1024, 59.993 fps, density 160, 179.
29411 x 168.89351 dpi, touch INTERNAL, FLAG_DEFAULT_DISPLAY, FLAG_ROTATES_WITH_C
ONTENT, FLAG_SECURE, FLAG_SUPPORTS_PROTECTED_BUFFERS, rotation 0, type BUILT_IN,
address null}
mAdapter=LocalDisplayAdapter
mDisplayToken=android.os.BinderProxy@4191fd88
mCurrentLayerStack=-1
mCurrentOrientation=0
mCurrentLayerStackRect=Rect(0, 0 - 600, 1024)
mCurrentDisplayRect=Rect(0, 0 - 600, 1024)
mCurrentSurface=null
mBuiltInDisplayId=0
mPhys=PhysicalDisplayInfo{600 x 1024, 59.993 fps, density 1.0, 179.29411 x 1
68.89351 dpi, secure true}
mBlanked=true

Logical Displays: size=1
Display 0:
mDisplayId=0
mLayerStack=0
mHasContent=true
mPrimaryDisplayDevice=Built-in Screen
mBaseDisplayInfo=DisplayInfo{"Built-in Screen", app 600 x 1024, real 600 x 1
024, largest app 600 x 1024, smallest app 600 x 1024, 59.993 fps, rotation 0, de
nsity 160, 179.29411 x 168.89351 dpi, layerStack 0, type BUILT_IN, address null,
FLAG_SECURE, FLAG_SUPPORTS_PROTECTED_BUFFERS}
mOverrideDisplayInfo=DisplayInfo{"Built-in Screen", app 600 x 976, real 600
x 1024, largest app 1024 x 976, smallest app 600 x 552, 59.993 fps, rotation 0,
density 160, 179.29411 x 168.89351 dpi, layerStack 0, type BUILT_IN, address nul

I have a feeling that you need to re-flash the hardware with the build of the lesser tab...
Building an android platform is no small undertaking... Each build is specific for the hardware used...
since both the tabs uses same brand cpu and their board looks exactly the same, just cpu is next upgraded. I can take a backup of lesser model and restore it in newer model.

since both the tabs uses same brand cpu
Virtually EVERY smartphone uses similar CPU arm dual or quad core... The screen metrics is defined in the kernel in Graphic.h... This is what all software interrogates when initializing the screen.. All you need to do is upgrade the firmware to suit the new hybrid tab.... Your trouble will be with the new mother board ~ old screen.. There may not be a build for that combination...

Virtually EVERY smartphone uses similar CPU arm dual or quad core... The screen metrics is defined in the kernel in Graphic.h... This is what all software interrogates when initializing the screen.. All you need to do is upgrade the firmware to suit the new hybrid tab.... Your trouble will be with the new mother board ~ old screen.. There may not be a build for that combination...
thanks. I found a graphic.h file **broken link removed** looks well commented. I will see if i can find the file in my tab.

I don't think you understand!!!

The platform needs to be built.... You need to get hold of the source for the tab and edit the source... Then it needs to be re-built into a downloadable firmware version that can be uploaded to your tab..

I was looking for the device sepecification ( this is called "Hardware,H" ) It will be in the build folder somewhere..

i tried 2 roms for this chip rk3026. one rom had no power other had white screen. i found bounch of kernals but dont know which one will fit. downloading some more roms let see what happens.

If any one can help here is the info: Tab ifive1oo. Rockchip RK3026. Android 4.2.2, kernel 3.o.36+, root@ubuntu-0A#103
need 800X480 graphics kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back