Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reelight - like generator for a bike ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rich, hello :)

- tried it out but the capacitor (4 uF) doesn't charge (it's a film capacitor so virtually no losses). My guess is that the diode voltage drop is higher than the voltage generated by the coils. Anyways, the evening is approaching here in Denmark so I'll pause for now and consider my (with yours and other's help) findings before deciding what to do.

BTW to me it's ok to link and the link also worked, thank you!

Regarding the core I tried it earlier today and when the magnets pass by the coil and the magnets are heavily attracted to eachother. I don't reckon it will work on a bike's spokes. They are not too stiff so my guess is that they will be unstable when passing the coils.

Best for your evening - and thanks for your help ;-)

Jesper

Hi again 3v0 ... hmmm... have you ever tried being in a training center? From my experience my long-term output power is about 150 watts which I can output for many hours. 6 watts additional (excluding losses) would not mean much ...

The usual figure given is about 60W continuous from a fairly fit man.

If you can provide 150W for hours, presumably you are a VERY serious and fit cyclist?.

Hi All,

I've decided to let this project be - at least for now. I cannot find a suitable way to make the output go up to a usable level so will leave it for now. Thanks again for your suggestions and assistance.

& best wishes for your weekend.

Jesper

No problems, take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back