Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading Analog meter scales

Status
Not open for further replies.
windozeuser said:
Reading analog meter scales.

how do you calculate the subdivsion values between two numbers on the scale

You count them! - usually it will be split in to 5 divisions, each of which (obviously) represents 0.2 of the reading between two numbers.

Ah I think I get it, you count the sub-divsions, lets use six to make this unique. Theres six sub division between two major scale divsions.

You find the value of the major scale divsions, lets say between zero and one.

So with a multiplication factor of 10 on the scale, the 1 represents 10 amperes.

The subdivisons are equal to: value of major scale/number of subdivsions.

so each subdivison equals, 10/6 or 1.66 amperes

next ppl will be asking how to read an analogue clock since they are only use to digital :roll:

I've seen a clock that displayed in Binary form.
Lets see now :idea:
off off off on = 0001 :)
then
off off on off = 0010 :lol:
and
off off on on = 0011 :D
then ......... :oops: my brain can't tiiink, bang stutter pop pow, oh oh! Thar she smokes!!!!

Whew at least I didn't have any parallax errors :wink: Like analog without the e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back