Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ramp generator using 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
That -5V circuits claims to about 12mA, your project draws about 2 to 3 mA, so it should be OK.
Try increasing that 10uF near the 2k2 up to say 100uF.
If you have a 4.5V battery on the bench you could use that for the -5V in order to check the ripple.

BTW.
These are the ramp gen sims.

Attachments

• AAesp07.gif
    AAesp07.gif
    58.5 KB · Views: 190
hi,
That -5V circuits claims to about 12mA, your project draws about 2 to 3 mA, so it should be OK.
Try increasing that 10uF near the 2k2 up to say 100uF.
If you have a 4.5V battery on the bench you could use that for the -5V in order to check the ripple.

BTW.
These are the ramp gen sims.

Hi eric,

Thanks. I ended up replcing the capacitor you mentioned with 47uF. Btw, do you have a link to the simulation software you use? Perhaps I can use it next time I want to build any projects I take from the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back