Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R/C Receiver output voltage, suitable for PIC input??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koetje

I'm trying to read the pulses from a Futaba R122JE reciever, using a PIC12F675. The PIC is going to change the status of some LED's based on the width of the pulse.

I know the R/C receiver output to the servo's are pulses at approximately 50Hz, and 1-2mS long.

What i'm wondering is:

What are the high and low voltages of the pulses?

Is that signal suitable to directly input into the PIC?

Will I need to change the level of the signal, so that it reaches a true 5 volts?

Thanks[/code]

You can connect it directly to the PIC via a simple series resistor, which is only there to limit the current if the input from the receiver is higher than 5V. Try searching on the net, there are loads of PIC radio control projects out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back