Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about MCLR pin with Pro40

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubdh23

Ok i know i have read many times that the reason for Verify Error X0000 is because it is not giving enough power to the MCLR pin. I just wanted to verify something myself before i go spend $10.00 on 2 9 volts batteries. I just want to make sure. When i turn VPP on and i test the MCLR pin, to see how many volts is there i get negative 8.0 volts. My power supply is 18Volts AC. I would think this is more than enough. I test the MCLR using the ground from the AC power supply and i get -8.0 volts.
Do i need to click on any of the fuses on the winpicprog? I assume everything is default for the 628 as said in Nigel's tutorial. If i must spend 10 dollars on 2 batteries i will. Do you think i should or am i doing something wrong? The -8.0 volts is kinda perlexing me.

OK silly me. It was not -8.0
IT says 13 Volts. This should be enough right?
Then what else could i be doing wrong?

LOL my bad, i already did get 2 9 volts about an hour ago. My friend told me it was 5 dollars each, but to my pleasant surprise its only $4.00 for 2
will try it now. Ok i tried using the batteries just now and it gave me the same error. Does this mean something is wrong with the chip? what other possible reasons? thanks

It is store bought. I think all the parts are in place on the programmer because it does give 13 Volts on MCLR and 5 Volts and 0 volts on the others.
I am wondering if i need to do anything differently on the winpicprog or what.
I have absolutely no idea what to do now.

hang in there...
i know it can be frustrating...
the 13V you are getting on MCLR should be fine.-right in the middle of spec-

Double check your cable,especially if it is home made.
Are you inserting the pic in the correct position ? REMEMBER, different devices are placed in different positions on the ZIF socket (or IC holder if you are using one)
The 18 & 20 pin devices are on the lower half,while 28 & 40 pin devices are placed in the top half.

Good Luck

Ok finnally i have fixed the damn problem.
I was browsing aimlessly around the forum and i found someone that said
in the hardware section they unchecked VDD, VPP, VPP40, invert options
and Checked the Output, Clock, and Input invert options.
Worked like a charm. Oh well i have 2 extra 9 volts battery, i have to find something for it to power :)

cubdh23 said:
Ok finnally i have fixed the damn problem.
I was browsing aimlessly around the forum and i found someone that said
in the hardware section they unchecked VDD, VPP, VPP40, invert options
and Checked the Output, Clock, and Input invert options.
Worked like a charm. Oh well i have 2 extra 9 volts battery, i have to find something for it to power :)

The P16PRO40 can use a couple of different buffer chips, one inverts, and one doesn't - on the Hardware window in WinPicProg there's a pull-down menu to select either type, or you can select Custom and manually set the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back