Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Electronics/Bench Technician Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

jecowan

I have a degree in electronics technology, I graduated in 2009 and have been looking for jobs since I graduated. I have found an electronics/bench technician position that I want to apply for. Is a bench technician an entry-level job? and what all do bench technician do? I want to make sure I can do this job before I apply for it and go to an interview. Its been almost 2 years since I graduated so I am trying to go over things I have learned and keep information fresh so when I get a job I know what i am doing. any advice.... thanks

Depends on the job posting really. Most entry level E tech and Bench tech job are clearly identified. You should take a job as soon as possible and continue to gather knowledge and expertise since this field turns over to new stuff so frequently that you could get left behind fairly quickly if you are not diligent. You can always keep an eye out and find a better or higher paying job and it seems easier to do while you have a job. Experience as well as technical ability are both very importatnt factors in any endeavour. You should do whatever is neccessary to enhance and improve your skills as much as possible to help you qualify for the high paying, high prestige positions that will be available into the future. Hope this helps, and get out there and get some practical experience as soon as you can.
Bob

I don't like to be negative, but it sounds like your only Electronics experience is at University? - the job sounds probably like servicing work?, which I suspect you know nothing about and are unsuited for.

As a prospective employer I wouldn't be very interested in a degree with no experience, and not having worked for two years since gaining your degree is another big minus point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back