Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proramming IDE other than MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best and easy are relative terms. Some people like it and some don't. My only reason for installing it was to simulate a particular peripheral.

koolguy, Yes, there are big differences between 8.87 and MPLAB X. The differences are described in much more detail on the Microchip site. MPLAB X is totally new software and has a very different feel to it. It is supposed to be more C friendly than the earlier versions. For someone using Assembly, like me, it allows simulation of some peripherals that the earlier MPLAB SIM didn't do, or didn't do on some chips.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jacklai,

MPLab 8.xx is nice, but Microchip discontinued support of it, and it cannot simulate some functions on the newer chips. I prefer it to MPLab X, but one may not have a choice.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back