Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programing a PIC! please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_coza

hello,

my name is Cosmin and I am new here. I will have to program a PIC from microchip for a DC motor (to control the velocity and the position of the motor and to transmit the data to anothe PIC). I am little scared because i have never programed something like this. I will have to program the PIC in C, and i will use the MPLAB IDE from microchip. I chose the PIC 18F458, I read about it and I know how to use the MPLAB, but I do not know how to start to program the PIC. If somebody can help me, to give me some advices, please answer me.
I am a beginner in this job, so i need help!

thank you very much!

Cosmin Coza

beginging..

i suggest using first the tutorials of Sir Nigel Goodwin (hope spelling right..)

@ his sites there is plenty information...

TKS

i think the 18F series of chips from Microchip is way too far a ahead for a beginner...

the 16F or 12F series is your friend...just go to www.winpicprog.co.uk, there is a tuturial there that teachs the basics of assembly, not c. I highly recomend it.

That 18F processer is great, but can be a little picky with there power(Tant. Cap across all power inputs), programing can be tricky, I use PP18 http://perso.wanadoo.fr/softelec/index_us.htm His programer disign work great, and he is very helpful.

If you can get away from C, do, most all are in Asm. Microchip site has lots a good program samples.

16F series are a little easer, but if you take you time you can figure out a 18F. The main difference is that you don't have to 'bank' witch makes things a lot simpler.

If you have any questions, let us know, thats what we are here for.

Have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back