Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordError

one of our power line cables is grounded as it has a zero insulation reading to ground. I will replace of the cable with a bit higher size of wire due to its the only available stuff in the warehouse. Does the motor operate safely with this situation. Is this not affected by skin effect. I think in my own opinion nothing would be any probs.

any idea, thanks in advance.

cheerss!!!!!!

marcus

LordError said:
one of our power line cables is grounded as it has a zero insulation reading to ground. I will replace of the cable with a bit higher size of wire due to its the only available stuff in the warehouse. Does the motor operate safely with this situation. Is this not affected by skin effect. I think in my own opinion nothing would be any probs.

In general a thicker wire is better than a thinner one, 'skin effect' only really applies to RF applications.

Thicker cable...
Pros: Higher current carrying capacity, Lower voltage drop.
Cons: More difficult installation, Higher cost.

I'd say that since you already have it in your warehouse, cost is probably not such a big issue, I see no problem with installing bigger cables.

and dont forget bend radius with thicker cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back