Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and now that i know how to PM... oooh, i can feel the old dictionary opening up, Oh yah, i can feel the power now... Oh, never mind, that is that little vein again! :)

A couple of things come to mind here:

1. WTH is an opensourcelover? :confused:
2. I'm trying to fight off the notion that India is full of clueless, lazy students. The only thing that prevents me from making a blanket statement as such, is my Indian neighbor who is a successful doctor, his wife who is a social counselor, and an Indian student worker of mine who is attaining a degree in plastics technology.

Marks256 said:
Yes, and now that i know how to PM... oooh, i can feel the old dictionary opening up, Oh yah, i can feel the power now... Oh, never mind, that is that little vein again! :)
This is an Electronics forum, so please refrain on informing us about your little vein.:eek:

HiTech said:
2. I'm trying to fight off the notion that India is full of clueless, lazy students. The only thing that prevents me from making a blanket statement as such, is my Indian neighbor who is a successful doctor, his wife who is a social counselor, and an Indian student worker of mine who is attaining a degree in plastics technology.
let's not forget unethical as well.

What is interesting is that India has a number of good to very good schools - IIT, BIT, and so on. I've known many indian engineers that were quite competent - on a par with good engineers from North America or Europe. Entry is very competitive but apparently there are a number of ways to get in that don't involve academics. I suspect that many of those show up here.

edit: interesting story. in about 1988 or 89, a couple of senior technical guys from microsoft went to europe to interview job candidates. they had prepared a list of tough, open ended technical questions. They interviewed at quite a few cities and university sites. When they returned, they were raving about how great the candidate were - head and shoulders above the normal ones. around 30 were hired with out the usual on site interviews. when they showed up, they were good but no where near the level that the two recruiters had claimed. Several of them worked for me and as I got to know them, the story came out - after the first round of interviews, they shared the questions and, lo and behold, the next candidates were able to ace the problems. sigh...

Last edited:
1. WTH is an opensourcelover?

Well, that isn't a word, but the term/phrase "Open source", means that the source code for a certain program is free, and open to the public to edit, hack, and even rebuild, and then re-distribute(under the same terms and conditions, of course). Linux is Open Source, that is why it is fairly popular. Usually, open source software is freeware. :)

This is an Electronics forum, so please refrain on informing us about your little vein.

If this is an electronics forum, then why do you insist on correcting my spelling? Hmm? :)

What is interesting is that India has a number of good to very good schools - IIT, BIT, and so on. I've known many indian engineers that were quite competent - on a par with good engineers from North America or Europe. Entry is very competitive but apparently there are a number of ways to get in that don't involve academics. I suspect that many of those show up here.

This won't be so much longer if they don't get off their lazy ass's and do something worth being proud of.

edit: interesting story. in about 1988 or 89, a couple of senior technical guys from Microsoft went to Europe to interview job candidates. they had prepared a list of tough, open ended technical questions. They interviewed at quite a few cities and university sites. When they returned, they were raving about how great the candidate were - head and shoulders above the normal ones. around 30 were hired with out the usual on site interviews. when they showed up, they were good but no where near the level that the two recruiters had claimed. Several of them worked for me and as I got to know them, the story came out - after the first round of interviews, they shared the questions and, lo and behold, the next candidates were able to ace the problems. sigh...

Oh. I guess we aren't stereotyping? They are in fact LAZY! This proves my point. If you cheat on your project, then people will expect that much, and more from you when you are out of school, and into the work force. What i mean, is your employer will see that you are "Capable" of such a project, and figure that that is what level you are at. So, he puts you in charge of making a more complex device. So, guess what? You are completely lost. You have no idea what you are doing. So, you can do one of three things; 1. Get fired and start flippin' burgers. 2. Come back to a forum and have us do the work for you, and let you get paid for it. 3. Go back in the future, and DO YOUR WORK HONESTLY THE FIRST TIME!!!

Marks256: you're a real piece of work! I know what Open Source is, but found it to be odd for a name... I guess that's his thing. As for correcting your spelling, that wasn't my purpose. You failed to understand what I meant about your "little vein" (hint: look between your legs!).

FYI, India is producing much better quality tools and products than what's often exported from China. The Tool & Die industry is flooded with Indian exports that are way better than the poor quality control crap from China. You need to stop thinking about handmade wicker furniture or brass figurines if you're stereotyping India's industrialization. Yes cows do roam the streets, crapping everywhere. Yes there is overcrowding. Yes there is poverty. Yes there are very good learning institutions. Yes the fastest growing segment of Indian society is middle class. Yes that Indian college students abound in America, earning engineering degrees as opposed to the stereotyped haji behind a counter at a convenience store or tape/dvd rental outlet. And YES, India has nuclear technology for both peaceful and deterrent purposes.

You need to stop thinking about handmade wicker furniture or brass figurines if you're stereotyping India's industrialization.

I never said that. I know that they are highly advanced in technology. I am saying if they don't start doing their own work, then they will fall behind, just like what is happening to the US. We are getting too cocky with our money, and our knowledge, so we have started to get lazy. Because of this, other countries are passing us by far when it comes to technology and education. I don't want to see that happened to other countries.

I meant about your "little vein" (hint: look between your legs!).

That isn't even funny.

Marks256 said:
I never said that. I know that they are highly advanced in technology. I am saying if they don't start doing their own work, then they will fall behind, just like what is happening to the US. We are getting too cocky with our money, and our knowledge, so we have started to get lazy. Because of this, other countries are passing us by far when it comes to technology and education. I don't want to see that happened to other countries.
This nation is far from cocky with our money. For that matter we should keep far more of it for our infrastructure and social spending pgms. and greatly reduce our foreign aid to countries that never repay us or falsely use it to build weapons that may be used against us someday! Other nations are not passing us up. For the most part America is now a think tank more than an industrial producer. If we're far behind than why is the Space Shuttle still the primary vehicle that constructed and still services the ISS? Why is the major cost and development of the ISS predominantly American? Polymer and nanotechnologies are an American forefront as well as many medical breakthroughs. So don't get too distraught about America. Hyrdogen fuel storage is being further researched and perfected as you read this and someday soon, the rest of the world can push and shove for oil.

That isn't even funny. I agree; I wouldn't laugh if it were me, but it's not me!:p
:) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

I didn't mean that we are loosing in the technological field, yet. The way i see it, is that this is a possibility in the future.

In America, if you look at the younger generation today, junior/senior high school kids, I would tend to think that America is soon to go to ruins. However, all that changes when you observe the diligence and level of study with regards to college grads. These are some intelligent and motivated young adults, often eager to set the world ablaze with their newly acquired knowledge.

HiTech said:
In America, if you look at the younger generation today, junior/senior high school kids, I would tend to think that America is soon to go to ruins.
It is my belief that every older generation looks at the younger generation and thinks that we're all going to h3ll.

One can only base opinion according to their unbiased observations and for the most part, high school kids are not a good example of determining the future of a nation. However, with time and maturity, higher educated graduates (tech school or college) are a better indicator of things. They are often the ones who will be the R&D people, the high tech employee, the entrepeneurs or the risk takers who will start up a company that creates jobs that could end up hiring the high school grad or dropout that doesn't educationally further themselves. They are the wheel's hub and the employees are the energy source and remaining wheel parts that keep it turning. The end effect is forward motion and that is the company's product or service.

OutToLunch said:
It is my belief that every older generation looks at the younger generation and thinks that we're all going to h3ll.

Historical tablets found near Hadrian's Wall (between England and Scotland) have been found to contain texts complaining about the bad behaviour of the youth of the day - and they are about 2000 years old.

I don't think it's any different now than it ever has been, it's just that people change as they get older!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Historical tablets found near Hadrian's Wall (between England and Scotland) have been found to contain texts complaining about the bad behaviour of the youth of the day - and they are about 2000 years old.
that's funny!

I wonder what kind of "you have it good and should appreciate what you've got!" stories they told their kids back then. Maybe something like: "I remember when I had to clean the stables with my bare hands - and I was happy to do it! Now you kids got these new fangled shovel things..."

Probably more like this:
When I was your age we got chased by animals to become their food. Now a days, your generation gets to chase animals to become food, and all because someone had the idea to take a small rock and chip away at its edges until sharp and then wedge it into a split tree limb. Just think that someday your children may figure out a way to launch that spear from a tool tnat stores energy, making it travel farther, faster, and strike harder than how you throw it today.:rolleyes:

Probably more like this:
When I was your age we got chased by animals to become their food. Now a days, your generation gets to chase animals to become food, and all because someone had the idea to take a small rock and chip away at its edges until sharp and then wedge it into a split tree limb. Just think that someday your children may figure out a way to launch that spear from a tool tnat stores energy, making it travel farther, faster, and strike harder than how you throw it today.

1. that?

Also, i don't think they new about "stored energy" back then. :)

I don't use a spell checker becuase I'm too damn lazy to take the extra step for the few times it happens. I caught that before I submitted the thread but didn't feel like correcting it. Invariably, incorrect spelling is a result of my less than proper typing technique. In school, I was a winning spelling bee contestant. In school I goofed off during typing class!

Oooh, good one! I didn't see that one coming. :cool:

I don't use a spell checker because I'm too damn lazy to take the extra step for the few times it happens. I caught that before I submitted the thread but didn't feel like correcting it. Invariably, incorrect spelling is a result of my less than proper typing technique. In school, I was a winning spelling bee contestant. In school I goofed off during typing class!

I bet you can guess what class i screwed around in.... :) Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back