Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

opensourcelover

Respected Sir
i am student from India studying in the final year of Engineering (Electronics and Telecommunicaton branch) and is trying to build a network hub or switch as my B.E. project.Can u please tell me the IC's that i would require for the same or give me some guidance like the schematic or pcb layout or reference deigns.I would be highly obiliged if u do the same.
Thanking you
Mac

The copy paste solution will never learn you how things work. You'll be an engineer... will you ask everything 'till you die or you want to learn?

At least do some search and then, post a snip of something.

If I do ypur project for you, will your University give me your degree??

Ok, asking how to do a little piece of your circuit would be one thing, but asking for the whole schematic? I have a few words for people like you that i used once, and i almost got banned. Don't you think the person who made the first hub/router had any place to ask? No. They had to do it all on their own. Isn't the purpose of this project to see if you are worthy of receiving your degree? I don't think a college is going to want to put a student out into the real world, not containing the capacity to build something with such a small complexity on your own. Sorry, i don't think anyone here can/will help you. And if they do, i would request that a moderator delete his/her post. But, good luck on your project! Have fun. :)

Marks256 said:
I have a few words for people like you that i used once, and i almost got banned.
That's what PMs and emails are there for.

That's what PMs and emails are there for.
He he he. Is this encouragement i hear? Hmm, tempting, yes, but i am not that mean. Email, on the other hand... No. It's just another lost college student begging for mercy.

C'mon, opensourcelover, we don't mean to be rude, but what are you going to do when you have an idea for an awesome new product, that could have a net worth of over a million dollars, but, you are too lazy to make it? So, you ask someone to figure it out for you. They aren't going to give you any money! After all the hard work they have done, you will be lucky if you get any money for the idea.
What makes you think somone will give you the schematics and say "Here you go. I don't mind if you take this as your own. I only spent 15 years on it, so you can have it for free. You can even take credit for it! Have a nice life! And good luck!!"? What makes you think that you are better than anyone else, and don't have to do the hard, backbreaking work yourself? People work hard for their schematics, so should you. I myself would take more pride in creating something in my own head, than stealing someone else's ideas?

WHy do some people think that we care that their university is in India? Every time someone puts that in a please-help-me-with-my-homework post it has the chance to cause stereotypes. I've seen it a few times already.

It seems to be the case in almost forum i'm member of. Few times in year we see this... no surprise at all. I wish we could add our names in the bottom of their report :D

As i already saw somewhere else... we will have a long summer :)

@opensourcelover
I don't want to be rude. Me and most here will be happy to help you, but at least do some search and try few things first.

You mean "most forums", not almost forums right? (It's just that my French is reall bad and I would like people to point something like that out to me).

Last edited:
Don't take for granted the quality of education in North American, or European Universities! From everything I have seen here, it is very common to copy other peoples work and put your own name on it. The local university student publication produces a copy of their periodical in English. The cover story of one issue was about plagiarism. The whole article was, itself, copied from the internet!

I have also heard from graduate students that in order to graduate, they must pay their supervisor a tidy sum of cash. Some have told me up to the equivalent of ten grand in US$.

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
You mean "most forums", not almost forums right? (It's just that my French is reall bad and I would like people to point something like that out to me).
DOH! Thank you ;)

BeeBop said:
Don't take for granted the quality of education in North American, or European Universities! From everything I have seen here, it is very common to copy other peoples work and put your own name on it. The local university student publication produces a copy of their periodical in English. The cover story of one issue was about plagiarism. The whole article was, itself, copied from the internet!

I have also heard from graduate students that in order to graduate, they must pay their supervisor a tidy sum of cash. Some have told me up to the equivalent of ten grand in US$.

Plagiarism has existed dating back to the second year universities existed. All the internet does is make it easier and perhaps cheaper.

If you are talking about Korean Universities, I have no clue but I seriously doubt that it happens in the US, Europe or Canada. If it happens anywhere, then that system is intellectually bankrupt and it speaks ill for that society in general.

Because of the obvious fact that these morons are too dumb/lazy to finish a simple project with their own brainstorming, they don't need to graduate. It is that simple.

I seriously doubt that it happens in the US, Europe or Canada.
Yes, I agree. Canadian Universities go after this thing pretty hard, too. I once had a student in Canada who tried to hand in work which was completed in another class, in another year, (by themselves.) When I found this out, I was obligated to put the case in writing and send it to the department chair. In this case, because the student admitted the wrong doing, they were only given a reprimand. They could have been charged, and expelled. In any case, it goes on permanent record.
Now, I'm not sure about here, but I don't believe that universities in developing countries are anywhere near as good.

I don't know why.
But when I read those kind of messages, only thing that comes into my mind is SPAM.
lol

Indian students are ever so polite and correct when they request our help. How can we not take pity on them and help them beat out their fellows who are too unlucky to find this forum? I ask you.

Indian students are ever so polite and correct when they request our help. How can we not take pity on them and help them beat out their fellows who are too unlucky to find this forum? I ask you.

I will tell you why we can't. I don't care what nationality they are from, or how polite they are, they are LAZY! It is Their assignment, nobody else's. JUST THEIRS. These projects are to prove that they are worthy of getting their diploma. If they don't truly earn it, then there will be one more moron out in this wold pretending that they are smart enough to have the degree that they claim that they earned. If we help them now, then they will want help every time they get a problem at their job. IT IS THEIR WORK!

What is it that your people don't get about an honest job? Is this all this crappy world has come to? No more imagination? Just lies and cheating? I will not accept this. These SOB's have to do their own work, or basically all they are doing is just wasting air, and taking up space!

Ruff! Ruff! down boy! good little pit bull. It was a rhetorical question.

Oh, sorry. :) Every time I see a post like this, there is this little vein in the side of my kneck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back