Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photo sensor 12vol wiring ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Sabados

Please I need help with my project ! I have a 12 volt strobe light with a toggle switch for on/off. I need to wire a photo eye that will turn off (over-ride) the switch under dark conditions . I have the light, switch and photo eye, but can't seem to get it to work.
Do I need another component in the mix?
Thanks,
Grateful Amateur

one hint, maybe a transistor, resistor, diode and relay. other ways may work also...not very descriptive.

Please I need help with my project ! I have a 12 volt strobe light with a toggle switch for on/off. I need to wire a photo eye that will turn off (over-ride) the switch under dark conditions . I have the light, switch and photo eye, but can't seem to get it to work.
Do I need another component in the mix?
Thanks,
Grateful Amateur

There is likely several ways to go about this. Things would go much easier if you could please post a schematic of what you have. Could use a comparator in a light / dark sensor with a relay to bypass the switch but without knowing exactly what you have it is hard to say the best method.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back