Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pentax IQ 35mm camera infrared ranger infos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydag71

Hullo all once again, I have a bit of a problem with finding out infos about a part that I salvaged from an old Pentax IQ 35mm still camera. The part in question is the infrarder ranger that many cameras use. Please see attached pix below that give an idea about the device in question.

In particular I am seeking any infos about how I might be able to interface this device with a micro- specsheets, manufacturer, etc. I have made a few other posts elsewhere but have had little to no luck with getting any infos. It was suggested that these rangers are made by pentax but I kind of doubt that,.

These devices might bear a significant resemblance to other similar type devices, such as a infrared distance detector, infrared garage door safety barrier, etc. so am hoping that someone might recognize that and be able to provide some similar infos from a device that they are familiar with!

The micro atthe rear of the device is a Mitsubichi micro- with only a couple of digits viewable: M5, I think,, the rest are coverred by the shielding. The supporting PCB seems to have many pinouts to the rest of the system- I need to identify which are the useful ones and which can be overlooked. If I am not able to get any usefullinfo about the existing PCB and micro, and am not able to make better sense of them myself, I am prepared to pull them and design my own interface if needed. The sensors themselves are simply diodes I believe (althougfh is difficult to tell for the reciever- it is dark with 2 leads,, but shoudl be able to figure it out eventually..)

Any help with this sensor would be great-- so thanks in advance, jd

Attachments

• 2f62.jpg
    2f62.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 3b4f.jpg
    3b4f.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 40b3.jpg
    40b3.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 8d46.jpg