Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this part? cmos camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amando96

Hi, well got offered an old usb scanner, and took it to pieces(of course) and found a peculiar transparent chip with no references...
here it is:
**broken link removed**

i have no idea what the pinout is, i can't find any info on it, no numbers, or letters written on it.

thanks!

Yep, CCD array. I've taken them out of many scanners. Not really useful unless you're good at very low level hardware control and can find a datasheet for your specific model. The sensor itself is actually a module, desoldering it from the board may provide number on the underside of the sensor, or it might not. Further disassembley (probably destroying the module in the process) may give you more information on the internals. I am however guessing that due to their generic nature you may be able to use information from the datasheet of a similarly pinned CCD array to use this one.

Not particularly useful to the casual hobbyist.

Last edited:
oh well, if it's most likely not going to be able to used, i might desolder it, i cant even pug it in the computer anyway because i dont have the instalations CD, and its from 1998 lol
the scanner casing gave me a nice little box for my UV LED insulator though!

If you poke and prod at it carefully you can probably remove the actual element from the module, would be nice to see one. Never tried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back