Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope EXT. INPUT , source Channel#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're saying that a tube o scope block diagram of the whole circuit is the SAME as a solid state O scope block Diagram?
I said they both use a Schmitt trigger circuit. You said they didn't so I showed both.

The only difference it what between the two?
They are both Schmitt trigger circuits. Look in Google to see what they do and how they work.

You're saying that a tube and solid state horizontal sweep oscillator is the same, compared as of a block diagram
Of course a vacuum tube circuit is different than a transistor or IC circuit but both oscillators produce the same linear sawtooth waveform.

i mean the whole entire circuit not just that one block circuit, i mean thw whole schematic of a tube o scope vs a solid state o scope circuit , not just the sweep generator block

You're saying that a tube o scope block diagram of the whole circuit is the SAME as a solid state O scope block Diagram? they have the same block diagram

The only difference it what between the two?

You're saying that a tube and solid state horizontal sweep oscillator is the same, compared as of a block diagram

The nuts and bolts on the inside of the two scope types are totally different. But you could say the same about a CRT type television compared to an LCD/LED TV. But, other than the extra abilities that a digital scope provides, the basic functionality remains the same. And, setting aside the digital aspect, the control and usage of the two scopes is virtually the same. You have the same vertical controls for the inputs, the same sweep rate controls for the horizontal time base, and the same options for the trigger.

As for triggering on whatever signal you want to look at, instead of the AC line that is powering the scope, I would have to say that probably accounts for 99.9% of how most people use a scope. About the only time that I ever use line triggering is to see if there is some unintended AC line coupling that has crept into my circuits.

Here in North America the electricity is 60Hz and the horizontal sweep of an old black and white TV was also 60Hz. Some AC motors are synchronous to 60Hz or a multiple of it.
In the 50 years I have had my 'scope I have NEVER sync'd it at 60Hz and at work I have also NEVER sync'd a 'scope at 60Hz. I have always sync'd it to the input signal that I was viewing so I could view it with a STATIONARY waveform. That is the function of sync on a 'scope.

Here in North America the electricity is 60Hz and the horizontal sweep of an old black and white TV was also 60Hz. Some AC motors are synchronous to 60Hz or a multiple of it.
In the 50 years I have had my 'scope I have NEVER sync'd it at 60Hz and at work I have also NEVER sync'd a 'scope at 60Hz. I have always sync'd it to the input signal that I was viewing so I could view it with a STATIONARY waveform. That is the function of sync on a 'scope.
With respect AG, you have totally misunderstood. You have been dealing with O scopes in the real world, and have presented information based on that. Clearly in this thread, we are some place far away from there!

Wasn't the Horizontal around 15 KHz and the Vertical 60 Hz here in North America?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back