Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orson Well's visions come true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonmetallic bombs can be found in putty and liquid chemicals, both needing an inert substance to prevent premature explosion ( glass, ceramic, cement). Maybe that's why glass and ceramic bottles are banned as carry-on baggage.
If what happened in 1984 ( movie) comes true today, we are all in for a restricted future and authoritarian controls beyond our imagination.

Maybe that's why glass and ceramic bottles are banned as carry-on baggage.

I assume you mean in carry-on baggage in aircraft.

Not true!

Glass and ceramic bottles are not banned, it is the quantity of liquids and gells which is restricted. 100ml if I remember correctly.

JimB

The new lens in my left eye sees through clothing perfectly. I get the same cataracts surgery on my right eye in two weeks then I will be able to see through clothing perfectly in stereo 3D vision! Watch out young ladies.
But I don't know what a bomb looks like. I doubt that I will ever see a hidden bomb.

I wonder if it's because you can now see into the ultraviolet region which the lense of the human eye blocks but the retina can detect. Try looking at a black light to see if it's any brighter than it was before the surgery.

Nonmetallic bombs can be found in putty and liquid chemicals, both needing an inert substance to prevent premature explosion ( glass, ceramic, cement). Maybe that's why glass and ceramic bottles are banned as carry-on baggage.

I think this is internet fokelore that is simply wrong. There are many non metallic explosives, gun powder, gun cotton, nitroglycerin, tnt, C4. In fact, most explosives are non metallic and, with the exception of nitroglycerin, none require an inert substance to prevent premature explosion.

Mike.

I think this is internet fokelore that is simply wrong. There are many non metallic explosives, gun powder, gun cotton, nitroglycerin, tnt, C4. In fact, most explosives are non metallic and, with the exception of nitroglycerin, none require an inert substance to prevent premature explosion.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

all of these explosives are relativley harmless if no combustion (compression)takes place. They just burn a bit quicker than any firing material. (because one of the components must be an oxygen carrier.) They might be used as bombs in a strong paper container, but without the desired effect of maximum destruction.

Especially gun powder requires high intitial temperatures to be touched off. At match won't do it.

Hans

Nitroglycerin, tnt and C4 definitely don't need containment to detonate. Gun powder and gun cotton deflagrate and so do need containment. They all contain the correct amount of oxygen and will happily burn/explode without any additional substance.

BTW, please don't try to light gun powder with a match or you will get a very nasty surprise.

Mike.

BTW, please don't try to light gun powder with a match or you will get a very nasty surprise.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

you should have told this to my friend. He did it! :D His hand didn't look very good after the procedure. :)

Hans

Then again, there is always this form of travel.

**broken link removed**

... and on that note....

**broken link removed**

Oh my!!! that looks like a scene from an Indiana Jones movie.

That's one method on how to drive down the cost of a rail ticket! Besides, trains are designed to hauls tons not turbans!

My second eye had cataracts surgery yesterday. Today it has almost healed and everybody looks naked! The resolution doubles every hour as it gets healed. I can see naked young ladies 100km away on the other side of Lake Ontario (I guess they are Americans?).

You need to select a better opthalmic surgeon because on this side of the lake we have snow and everyone is bundled up as pictured HERE! As a matter of fact, that white crap and the cold temps that goes with it originated in your area! Haven't you folks figured a way to keep your cold weather systems inside your own border? There's talk of erecting a series of huge wind turbines in the Great Lakes to generate electricity and I'm writing to my Congress that they have them aimed at Canada!!

Scary stuff. Quite the conundrum, though. For every million people that this offends or distresses, there may be one person that this device will helps detain. Is it worth it? Everyone has an opinion, personally at the moment, I am indifferent to such a device if it leads to more overall safety. But I do understand how important the right to privacy is to some people.

Good news from Europe - the scanner is off the table

The council of the European Union has decided to skip the plans to use naked scanners for personal control.

They found the scanners interfere a maximum with personal integrity and also involve possible health risks.

Instead they're pushing development of liquid determination to allow aircraft passengers to take along their own drinks for the flight.

Hans

Man, you guys need to listen to Alex Jones. He's got Lindsey Williams on right now. They will do a couple of re-runs this evening and you can got to on demand and download today's show at THE GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK.

This guy Lindsey Williams is always spot on. He said that that we got slammed in the "bail out" which we did, and now they are going after the Arabs. That's why the gas prices are so low. 90% of their exports come from oil and this will bankrupt the Arab nations.

What you are seeing you all, is the 20 or so families that run the world, begin their genocide thast is in their UN documents. Lord Rothschild is numero uno and then you got Rockefeller who owns BP oil amoung many other things. But they got the money starting from back when they got our gov't to form the Federal Reserve. That's who these guys are. They got so much money. If you want to get the full story, get yourself a copy of "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin. You will learn who is in charge and how they set up this system to take your taxes and loan it to the gov't with interrest.

Anyway, what's going on now is the attack on the Arab world. Everything else is expensive and the price of oil is going down. Does that make sense?

I want to know how they got silver down to 8 dollars an ounce? These guys are in control. I got an opportunity to go protest against the Fed tomorrow. I think I will go.

Last edited:
My second eye had cataracts surgery yesterday. Today it has almost healed and everybody looks naked! The resolution doubles every hour as it gets healed. I can see naked young ladies 100km away on the other side of Lake Ontario (I guess they are Americans?).
My eyes are fine. having said that, I wonder if Medicare will pay for cataract surgery in Canada? Anyone know how to induce cataracts?:D

Medicare in Canada pays for cheap old implants that have poor focus at night. They are pretty big so the holes take a long time to heal.

I payed extra for improved implants and extra surgery to correct astigmatism that all older people get and that the ordinary surgery increases.

"They" say that everybody will get cataracts and the surgery to correct it is the most common surgery that is done. Some old people don't care if they don't see clearly so they don't have the surgery.

My eyes went from fine to blind in about 7 months. Now everything is extremely clear and colors are very vivid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back