Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orson Well's visions come true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Have you heard about the newest device? - already in action at LA airport and some others.

Discussions about the necessity of such devices have started in the EU.
The device is strongly desired by 'terrorist hunters'.

It's a 'naked scanner' penetrating clothing with ultra short waves and displaying a naked person on the monitor.

I guess that's one step too far intruding intimsphere of people. Besides that those devices might turn out as lethal weapons.

Would you enjoy stripteasing on an airport?

Hans

Attachments

• Nacktscanner.jpg
    Nacktscanner.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 331
Well, maybe you could get one of those strap on plastic dingy things from the adult store, and pose with pride :) lol

Seriously though, with non metal IED's finding themselves in places most people rather not discuss, something needs to be done to protect people that travel.

Then again, there is always this form of travel.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Seriously though, with non metal IED's finding themselves in places most people rather not discuss, something needs to be done to protect people that travel.

There must be a new invention I didn't know of - a bomb with non metallic parts. :D

Have you heard about the newest device? - already in action at LA airport and some others.

Discussions about the necessity of such devices have started in the EU.
The device is strongly desired by 'terrorist hunters'.

It's a 'naked scanner' penetrating clothing with ultra short waves and displaying a naked person on the monitor.

I guess that's one step too far intruding intimsphere of people. Besides that those devices might turn out as lethal weapons.

Would you enjoy stripteasing on an airport?

Hans

"Orson Well's visions come true " ?????????

Did you actually mean George Orwell, author of the book titled 1984 ?

Orson Wells was known for his work in Holleywood movies.

Lefty

Last edited:

Lefty

Yeah, I kept waiting for reference to the Martian invation.

Still, there's invasion of privacy. Maybe the two do go together.

Last edited:
My electromagnetics prof and his grad students are trying to develop that.

"Low frequency versions of terahertz waves are known as millimeter waves, and they behave much like radio waves. At higher frequencies, the terahertz waves straddle the border between radio and optical emissions. "

So it's infrared.

Lefty

No matter if George Orwell or Orson Wells. The latter had more phantasy. :D

trying to develp a non-metallic bomb? :D

It is not really that funny. Why do you think most airports no longer allow containers with liquids. Bombs can be made from liquids containing the right chemicals (Would not dare mention). These liquids can be transported in non metal containers. So how is it so hard to conceive a non metal bomb?

It is not really that funny. Why do you think most airports no longer allow containers with liquids. Bombs can be made from liquids containing the right chemicals (Would not dare mention). These liquids can be transported in non metal containers. So how is it so hard to conceive a non metal bomb?

Your most correct. Many people associate bombs effectiveness with the metal shrapnel that gets dispersed with the explosion. However much damage and fire can be generated from non metal contained explosions.

Lefty

Your most correct. Many people associate bombs effectiveness with the metal shrapnel that gets dispersed with the explosion. However much damage and fire can be generated from non metal contained explosions.

Lefty

Thank you...
With a name like Lefty, you must be a ballplayer? :)

Just noticed something though, your avatar guy is using his right arm...

Last edited:

That remark did not refer to making a bomb. It referred to the post "My electromagnetic prof and his grad students are trying to develop that."

I know non-metallic bombs can be made. I made them when I was 12 years old. Instead of using iron I piled up rocks. Beautiful blast!

During the pioneers 'age' nitroglycerine was used. It was a very dangerous stuff. My school teacher demonstrated its power tossing a small bottle on the floor. He ended up in hospital for a while. :)

During the pioneers 'age' nitroglycerine was used. It was a very dangerous stuff. My school teacher demonstrated its power tossing a small bottle on the floor. He ended up in hospital for a while. :)

Obviously he was a complete prat! :D

A friend of mine used to work at a local explosives factory - everyone took turns making nitroglycerine (because it thins your blood and gives you headaches) - basically you poor the individual components in a large 'bucket' and stir it with a wooden shovel by hand (not as touchy as the movies suggest).

Just measured it, the factory is 4.5 miles from where I live! - it's very well spread out, and (as far as I know) there's never been an accidental explosion there.

The new lens in my left eye sees through clothing perfectly. I get the same cataracts surgery on my right eye in two weeks then I will be able to see through clothing perfectly in stereo 3D vision! Watch out young ladies.
But I don't know what a bomb looks like. I doubt that I will ever see a hidden bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back