Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

op amp power on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
I noticed this problem with a spice simulation while looking at power sequencing.

When the supply voltage falls there is a huge current spike in the op amp. It only seems to happen with models I have downloaded and not with the Spice supplied op amps. I'm guessing it has something to do with how I made the models, but I don't know.
Anyone seen the same problem? Or. do you have it with your downloaded op amps?
Thanks.

PS ASC attached.

Attachments

• pwr.png
    pwr.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 307
  • pwr.asc
    906 bytes · Views: 267
hi Ron.
This what I see on my LTS , using the LM324.sub

Just a few mA, which I would expect.

Eric

EDIT:
Added my LM324.sub , change the .txt back to .sub

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    35 KB · Views: 323
  • LM324.txt
    3 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Hmm. Must be the way I make the models. Did you make yours from the ideal op amp or just modify an existing op amp in the library?

What I have been doing is using a spice model with the same pin out and modifying it to call the 324 sub. Doing that I don't need the include statement but I fear it may introduce this problem. I guess what I was really asking is what did you use to build the symbol?

What I have been doing is using a spice model with the same pin out and modifying it to call the 324 sub. Doing that I don't need the include statement but I fear it may introduce this problem. I guess what I was really asking is what did you use to build the symbol?

hi,
This is one I sourced some time ago on the web.

Rename from LM324.txt to LM324.asy

E

Attachments

• LM324.txt
    860 bytes · Views: 276
Boy, I hate to ask you this again... :eek:

Where do you save your sub and sym files?

Do you define the path to the sub in the symbol attribute window or is that done with the include statement.

Boy, I hate to ask you this again... :eek:

Where do you save your sub and sym files?

Do you define the path to the sub in the symbol attribute window or is that done with the include statement.

hi Ron,
No problem.

Look at this image for the folders.

E

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 319
Thanks Eric,

I just put your subcircuit file in place of mine and it fixed it. Imagine my surprise!:D

So you don't use a separate sub folder for your downloaded circuits-they are just in with the regular ones? I have a folder I call new in the sub and symbol folder. Maybe that's why I have so much trouble following other peoples directions.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back